Olympus C-700 UZ

Announced Mar 19, 2001 •
Chuck Hunts

Excellent camera for the dollar. Creative controls are great and picture quantity is first class. Needs larger storage, the 8Mb that comes with it was first to get replaced with a 64Mb.

CincyJAS

The C-700 UZ is my second digicam. I bought it for two reasons - to step up to a 2.x megapixel digicam and for the 10x Optical Zoom. My daughter dances in competitive drill team and I needed to get pics from the stands. This digicam is loaded with features from fully automatic to fully manual. It is not a "basic" model. The optical zoom is fantastic, and the digital zoom actually works reasonably well in some circumstances, not that I've really needed to use it with 10x optical. The ...

jayceca

I have had this camera now for a month, and have taken many photos. It is beautiful! I mainly wanted to be able to take close-ups of my flowers, and the 10x optical zoom is just perfect for this. It is very easy to use. I haven't yet tried the manual settings, but I prefer to just point and shoot. The batteries last a long time because I use mainly the electronic viewfinder, not the LCD. As I have 2 sets of rechargable batteries with me at all times, I have had no problems. I would recommend ...

Sreejit Nair

Excellent features, and good value for money. Problems: Its not a problem rather a query, How do you change the default settings of the camera, for eg. If I need to change the Image qualty in the AUTO mode also If I want to keep my settings the same every time I switch on power.

Jeff Combs

Got camera as a Class A refurbished last week for only $315. Can't beat that, yet? Camera takes great pics and is semi easy to use. I need to get used to the camera and get expirience with it before giving my opinion. Based on the other reviews that I read here is a big reason as to why I bought this particular camera. Thanks

I agree with Kenneth Poli, put in the CD and print out the 199 page document, that's the first thing I did and it is a blessing You can find any information about the camera you want. People just don't like to read. This is a great camera , got it for my 75th Birthday from my place of business. Problems: Haven't yet got all features down. Had camera only 3 weeks

- I just bought this camera recently and I am in love with it! I was looking for a camera that had lots of features, including manual options (since I wanted to learn more about photography), yet small and Affordable. I got this camera for $350, bought a 128MB Smartmedia card and mina tripod and am having loads of fun with it. - Some people complained about the image quality/lack of lens stabilizer. Obviously, if you're zoomed in at 10x, you'll need really steady hands. Investing in a light ...

loved the camera for the short time i had it. stopped working after about 2 weeks and a couple hundred pictures. exchanged it for another, same camera, and it stopped working after 3 weeks and another couple hundred pictures. Problems: stopped working. would not turn on after a few weeks. could not get answers from manufacturer. think i'm going to get a sony or canon.

The camera has produced great images, some better than expercted. The 10x zoom feature is by far the best in it's class. Excellent software . Would benefit from some decent recharibles and a charger, but those can be added at an extra cost. Problems: Haven't had a chance to experience the whole camera to date.

Bought this camera today, and can safely say I'm glad i decided to buy it! Even though it has now been discontinued I found my Local Jessops store had one left but were selling it at 500 pounds! So after talking with them and making a few phonecalls they decided to drop the price to a more affordable 379.99 which in my opinion is a great price. The camera has loads of brilliant features including all the manual options you could want from an SLR and a neat panoramic mode, not to mention a ...