Olympus C-700 UZ

Announced Mar 19, 2001 •
Zephalephelah

At the time of my purchase, this was my first digital camera. And I was IMPRESSED! Excellent sharpness, white balance, panoramics, ease of use, features, etc. Problems: It broke when it fell :)

It is the best camera for me. I use often the 10x Zoom and take really nice pictures. I have it 7 month and found until now no other camera in this category, which I would like more. Some pictures are at http://community.webshots.com/user/sulamit_. Problems: No problems.

michael dixon

second digital camera i purchased its easy to use and i got some great shot at a high school football game love the 10x zoom

Grozzie

Had this camera 1 month, I did try to like it but the lack of IS feature & chromatic aberration in brightly lit day shots was more than intolerable for stable photography. Upgraded?! to the earlier less resolution model Oly E-100 & couldn't be happier with the results!! Problems: above

Karel67

I am very happy with my Olypum c700uz. I own it now since May this year and i think i made the right choice. Karel

S. Brooks

I have owned this camera for a year now and am still learning to use all the features. Yes, I get the "purple fringies" (chromatic aberrations) but love the small size and long zoom. I get approx 150 shots per charge of my NIMH batteries, so I only have to carry around one extra set of recharged batteries. I took the camera to Italy a few months ago and am delighted with the results. (see my photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/brooks461s Yes, you will notice the purple fringies, ...

b rusin

I just purchased the camera.I was looking at the c-720 when i found the "discontinued" 700....with 10x zoom versus the 8x it was an easy choice and the price difference was substantial. I have not had it long enuff to form a full opinion but i have had none of the "hot pixel " problems and it is very customisable with the manual modes.so far i am happy. Problems: The only thing that i didnt like was that i had a 3x tele lens that i paid over 200 for and i could not use it with out buying two ...

woodi2259

This is an excellent camera. It was discontinued about a month ago but if you can still get one it's a great camera. The image quality is excellent. The camera takes excellent pictures in low light and rarely needs the flash. The 10x zoom is amazing. The camera is also very small for the size of the lense. There are many manual settings that can allow you to completly control your pictures. Overall a great camera. Problems: My only complaints are that the 8mb card that comes with the ...

Alex CS

After using this camera for a while (I dont own it but have been allowed use for a few months) I cant say Im disappointed, but there are shortcomings that would prevent me from buying one. Mainly concerning night photography, the chromatic aberation is terrible on longer exposures and bright points are unsightly @ 100ASA. Set to 200 improves the cameras handlings of bright points to a degree, but it never quite overcomes a general grain in lower lit areas. I feel the camera would be much ...

Irek

Few days ago I bought my C-700. It is my second Digital Camera (the first was Kodak DC-215). My first shots absolutely reprised me. This camera takes almost all images with terrible chromatic aberration and sometimes moire artifacts!!!! My old DC-215 did not at all. I was expecting a lot beter image quality. Problems: chromatic aberration and moire artifacts