Olympus C-7000 Zoom

Announced Sep 16, 2004 •
Helen

There are many things to like about this camera; it is nice and compact, the image quality is very good for the most part, the 2.0" LCD monitor is of very high quality and its speed to power up and be ready to shoot is impressively fast. Despite the positives, however, I didn't keep mine because there were a few negatives which meant it wasn't the camera for me, which I will explain in the other section. I was looking for a small, fast camera to use when my far larger 12x model is ...

Cathy

Amazing little pocket camera with some big features and excellent image quality. Zoom gives that extra focal length out to 187mm. If you want a pocket camera as a backup to your larger equipment, this camera is it. Problems: None so far, although I don't care for the lens covering.

MODERATOR

Before I bought this camera, I read all the remarks and reviews on various forums. I compared carefully other cameras of the same category. At times my research was confusing and frustrating. I also went to stores to look at and handle various cameras. I finaly bought the C-7000 and I must say I am very pleased with it. It is very well put together and looks good. I take this camera everywhere while motorcycling, biking or walking. Not only is it compact but it is a full feature camera. ...

Black123

I like very much the image quality of this camera. The software of this camera is excellent. In fact, the quality of C7000 is a bit better than G6. It's worthy of money.

marcorav

I don't like so much the image quality and the software of this camera. This is why I changed to the G6, and it's totally another thing, if you want a real SLR-like camera. Problems: Purple fringing, short battery life

brassis1

outstanding photos quality, fast and precise focussing both days and nights, 5xoptical zoom, 7.1 mp can print nicce poster size pictures, not eat batteries...:-^$^ Problems: use expensive xd card, not wide lens.

David Emler

Great still pocket size compact cam, very nice design, very nice features which in good light conditions are making sharp and real vivid images, in low light conditions you would better use powerfull flash which is able to control. Battery life is OK, cam has very nice panorama function. I was trying to find pocket cam which will be able to create images without compromise - It looks that I have found one. LCD display and direct histogram are very good. Fully manual control and 4 my own ...

Mel Rooth

This is my 4th digital camera (prev Ixus V, Casio EX Z4 & Panasonic Lumix FZ2) so before buying this camera I had a pretty good idea of what to look for when I did my research. First of all I appreciate a camera that can take crisp and clear pictures in any situation. Secondly I want to have a large zoom and also to have a big LCD screen would'nt hurt.. I believe that I have found all of that in the C-7000! For my needs, where I carry my camera with me very often, I use the Casio Z4 because ...

Michiel1

This is one hell of a camera with almost all features one can think of. The controls are easy to understand... when playing around it's easier to learn them than reading the manual, which is huge. What I really like about this camera: • That beautiful large TFT screen. Visible in full sunlight! • A lot of manual settings. • Unlimited continueous recording time for movies. • Takes very sharp pictures. But I've still got wishes: • Image stabilisation. It whould make this camera complete.

johnny2046

what a nice cam, the noise problem has been improved when compare with the old model (C730ultra zoom) the macro function is very good Problems: the illuminator position has to be changed in the coming model