Olympus D-40 Zoom (C-40 Zoom)

Announced Sep 2, 2001 •
4 megapixels | 1.5 screen | 35 – 98 mm (2.8×)

which camera is good unable to make a decision between fuji f601 and olympus C40, pls help or any other model need to buy a camera urgently thank you

The battery issue is overstated. All documentation states that Alkaline batteries are not to be used, and they do suck. I find I get several dozen, more than 128MB, of flash shots and a few, 3+, 30 sec movies on charged Olympus NiMH 1700mAh. More if I don't review each shot. If I let the batteries rest I can get 10 - 30 shots, depending on usage pattern. I like everything about the camera, except the inability to attach filters and a teleconverter. If I could put a polarizing filter on ...

Truly a pity that this camera has so much chromatic aberation (purple fringing). I had read Askey's review stating that. But the other internet and print reviews either didn't mention it, or thought it was a minor problem. MINOR PROBLEM! - if you don't care about your pictures. The problem is especially pronounced if there are trees with leaves in your picture, with sky showing through the leaves. Kudos to Mr. Askey for being thorough in his reviews and pointing out this issue. I noticed ...

Very good pictures. When I use the zoom with the preview on i get a slight crackling noise and the picture goes grey for a second. Does anybody else have this problem?

I've had the camera a few months and it stopped working the other day. Only the lcd on top of the camera works.I have sent it back to the shop for repair or replacement. I see on your site other usrers have had the same problem. I have no faith in the camera anymore. If i was to buy another camera it would be a sony dsc85, its a gem. Problems: I dont think the build quality is 100%. It stopped working after about 200 shots.

I really like the look oof this camera and my only reservation about buying it is that I want a camera that I can use with Apple's iphoto software. This camera is not listed on Apple's iphoto compatability list. Is anybody using this camera with a mac succesfully ? jon_bailey@mac.com

Is this cam really so good? I've been using fujifilm 40i for a over a year now, compact yes, light-weight yes. I've been reading reviews and opinions for some time now but I still can't make my decision. I read that this c40 startup time needs a 5.8sec. Any of you whine on this? (My current one is 1.8, I'm not sure how big a difference that 4secs will count for me....) And is this really light enough to carry around your shirt pocket/purse all day? everywhere? It is a 270g..... Other cam ...

Oh no... :( My camera stopped working yesterday...I picked accumulators to recharge them. When I put them into camera after recharging, camera didn´t work. Monitor doesn´t work, and lens too. Only LCD display is working... Problems: Camera doesn´t work.

Good as a spare camera--slips into pocket easily but the zoom is so inadequate for REAL photography. Problems: very hard to set functions quickly with out the manual in hand