Olympus C-4040 Zoom

Announced Jun 20, 2001 •
Aska P.

Generally very good camera, solid built. Very realistic color which is true to real life. Feels more like a "camera" than others which are simply "gadgets". Problems: Red channel noise. Focus range should be extended. Macro performance should be improved to the level of Nikons.

Why they don't supply with the rechargeble batterys

It's great camera, amazing pictures

Ted Weller

Just a followup and I want to reiterate that of all the digital camera I have owned including offerings from Nikon, Canon, Sony & Epson and Olympus, the 4040 is my favorite and I still don't understand why it was never reviewed or why it gets 3 stars in the overview but the next page show 4 overall. It's the most underrated camera out there and a reall steal for under $700 now. Buy one! Problems: Zip

The focusing improves (speed and accuracy) as compared with its former model C3030Z. The image quality is excellent. Very user friendly as compare with its former model c3030Z. Though C3030Z is outstanding, it is even better. Problems: When 128Mb SM card was used, I have encountered one occasion that a photo was not properly recorded. The same problem have been encountered when I used C3030Z.

The camera is great, But... I have been using the E10 and I like the menu better I am missing the very helpful extra buttons to change color balance and resolution that I find in the E10 Unlike other 4 mega pixel cameras, the 4040z has great manual functions for exposition in studio whit flash… Why Smart Media cards, when you can have bigger cards in CF format? I know it has more future that I never use like panorama… The lens is great on cameras, the 4040z and the E10; I ...

Sam Smith

At the moment there doesn't appear to be anything on the market which can touch the C4040Z for feaures, size and ease of use. It is a camera of the highest quality in almost ever respect. Problems: Perhaps Olympus could have extended the range of the optical zoom.

Great camera - must be a bestseller if you compare price and picture. Easy to use - excellent features - like noise reduction - much better menu than earlier models - super design and grip - Problems: The interpolation mode isn’t necessary