Olympus C-3030 Zoom

Announced Jan 27, 2000 •

My only complaiint with my camera is the viewfinder with close pictures. You have to compensate for paralax. Otherwise I would recommend it for any digital camera buyer. A little faster recovery time between pictures and faster auto-focus would be nice. I'm putting my Canon Rebel G on eBay. Problems: Offset viewing through viewfinder.

Doug

I love everything about this camera except the red eye on all flash pictures. It is really bad, much worse than the Oly D-400 it replaced. Other than the red eye problem, this camera takes great pictures. They print at 8x10 on my Epson 870 and everyone thinks they are film pictures. I pretty much point and shoot and have excellent results. Problems: Too much red eye in flash pictures. Also, the menu is kind of hard to use, too complicated.

As a camera bug who knows nothing about the finer points of photography, I find the C-3030 very easy to use. As I learn more about photography, this camera allows me to be selective. The quality of the pictures is excellent. I would recommend this camera as a good tool for a new user. I am thinking of upgrading to the E-20. Problems: The lens cap is not attached to the camera. Too easily lost.

I upgraded from my trusy old D-340L to the 3030 about 2 months ago and am loving it. This camera's got just about every feature you can imagine and takes excellent pictures. I've had several 8X10 prints made at ofoto and they are as good as any 35 mm prints I've seen. If you can still find this camera it will be heavily discounted and worth jumping on. I will say I made the mistake of going with 55 mm filters (via step up ring) and now wish I had stuck with the 43's as the viewfinder ...

I bought my C-3030 almost a year ago. Since that time, I've bought a couple of non-brand name Smart Media cards and 3 sets of NiMh batteries. I've never had any problems with this camera. The only things that might pose a problem are the door where the Smart Media is inserted (rather light wieght plastic) and the USB connector at the camer end. Problems: No problems to report.

I have this camera for half of month. It makes great photos and the price is reasonable. I like it very much. Problems: No len cap attach to the camera.

Takes good pictures and like most features on camera Problems: Lens cap lost easy. If lens cap is left on, and camera turned on card can be damaged as well as lens. they should design camera lens to move with in housing. also there is no threads to mount uv filters. Also problem with down loading images with usb cable to computer had to buy card reader.

sebMarc

I love it. Pictures are amazing. My familty could not believe the quality of the pictures taken by this camera. Problems: The cap lens is not fixed to the camera and can be lost easily.

StephenL

I upgraded from a C2020Z - a definite improvement in image clarity. Bought as an "end-of-line" so good value. Battery holder better than 2020, but did not have as much a problem with that as other users did. Summary: good quality images, nice to use, well made. Problems: Disappointed with purple fringing - but on checking with results from C2020Z realise that it's not much worse than that. Summary: unsure if it was worth upgrading from my 2020.

It functions very well under normal & brihgt lighting situations. Low light conditions suffer due to the slow lens. Scenery & still phones do well. However, I have found great difficutly in taking action photos, perhaps I lack the skill or maybe action photos should be left to my 35mm film carera. Problems: None. The Camediasuite software that came bundled with the camera does not work with USB as the software was designed for a serial port. However the Camedia Master works fine although ...