Olympus C-3030 Zoom

Announced Jan 27, 2000 •

Outdoor photos are great. When printing outdoor photos, quality is very good. Problems: You need alot of light when taking indoor photos.

DO NOT BUY!! Their customer service is terrible. I had a C-2040 and still under 1 year warranty. I used the camera very carefully. But it's the sencond time being out of order. They are going to charge me $114 for repair. They claim that the camera has been dropped some way, which is definitely impossible. Very upset about their service.

Great pictures and fairly easy to use. Problems: I think the lense cover problem should have been given a little thought before production and I notice quite a few have problems with the memory cards. I found, with mine, the problem was not with the cards but with the wiper conacts in the camers. I have been runing the card in and out of the slot until it makes contact. Works for me.

Problems: I WANT TO KNOW HAVE SUPPORT THE EPSON PRINTER 895 OF PIM TECHNOLOGY?

I just bought this camera (Japanese version) 1 week ago. I am sataying in Japan for 1 year. At the moment, I am using Japanesse computer system, so I do not have any proplem with sofware and transfering pictures into computer via USB cable. But next year I will come back to my country (Vietnam) where the computer system is in English. I wouls like to ask for your help in the following question: 1) Can I still transfer pictures into English version computer with Camedia Master (Japanese ...

Great Photos, vastly over complicated features. For such a great piece of hardware, the onboard camera software is terrible. Have had much trouble downloading using USB (Olympus has helped) The lens cap removal issue is inexcusable (if left on will damage camera) Problems: The lens is not solid, wobbles, however it has not affected photos yet. Olympus tells me it should not wobble, but went to photo store where purchased and others did also.

Once you understand the menu system, this little camera will provide excellent results. Make sure to get NIMH batteries and charger; once you see the great pictures you will want to keep on taking them. Problems: Wish the flash was a little stronger, but if you are in renge it does a good job.

I have owned this camera for 3 months and have taken about 2000 snapshots. Overall, I like this camera except for the following problem. Problems: I bought three 64 mb Smart Media cards, one is Olympus and other 2 are non-brand name. Now 2 cards are no longer usable. including the Olympus one. Can anyone tell me why?

Need help for action pictures. Camera is great. Image quality is excellent. Low light photos sometimes amaze me for excellent quality. Camera does it all Problems: Lens is very slow. Need help on how take fast action pics?Even at fast shutter priority, can't take pictures quick enough to capture moments. Menus are a little complicated and requires reference to user manual too often because menus are not intuitive enough.

This was my first digital camera. I would buy a very different one next time. This camera does take great pictures but is way too putsy - lens cover issue, problems with media cards, too many features to remember how to use them, movie is poor quality and not of much value. Next time I would buy a more portable camera that is a little more "rugged" Problems: Lens cover issue - easy to really mess up camera if you forget to take off cover and turn it on: Memory cards - I've had one memory ...