Olympus C-3000 Zoom

Announced Apr 24, 2000 •
lillian6189

I brought my c-3000 camera last year [ 2006] on ebay for £40. to take photos of my classic camera collaction and other items to sell on ebay, i wasnt expecting a lot from it , as long as i could get a photo for selling on ebay, afterall it was 6 years old, only 3.3 meg pix.and i was useing a voigtlander vitessa t with a color- skopar lens at the time, how wrong i was !!! it gave my great 8x10 shots on my Epson printer with photo paper, that blew me away !! must be one of the greatest digital ...

Other then the PROOOBLEEEMS...It's a good little camera! Problems: Slow write and read speeds, LOOOOOOOOOONG shutter lag, LONG shot to shot times. LOADS AND LOADS OF NOISE!!!

Nice camera with a nice feel more like my old SLR. The camera delivers excellent images except for severe purple fringing on high contrast subjects which spoils everything! Alkaline batteries useless, lasted only a few shots! Problems: Purple Fringing Zoom function stoppped working, came back with a power off/on, happened a few times! Lens cap crap.

gr8pix

When I first bought it, it was a good point-n-shoot camera. It's a digital camera but has a lot of 35mm functions. Problems: Bulky, poor power consumption, and multiple problems the SM card reader.

Great camera! Great pictures! See my photo website for hundreds of pictures, made with this camera. www.van-der-ham.net/pictures/ Problems: Yes, the lens-dop is poor and the lens have a little margin.

Takes excellent pictures but a pitifully poor design and layout! Ever work with any of the Sony Mavica's - much easier to scroll around, get a menu, review your shots and a much more logical layout. Comes with a measley 8meg card - What is that? Cheap Junk! Need at least a 128meg card with another as a backup. No rechargeable batteries included, no charger! What is that! Paid much too much ($499) for as little as I got. This camera's being replaced sometime soon with something having Foveon ...

I have purchased or used the following digital products. The Fujifilm S1 Pro, Cannon D-30, Nikon D1x, Nikon 990 and 995. I got this camera about ten months ago for free. But I would say the price camera stores are asking is about right for this product compaired to the others above. It is a very simple camera to use in full auto mode as a point and shoot. Or even in manual mode how I use it 98% of the time. The color histogram when viewed in Photoshop 6.0 shows the camera is recording the ...

I bought this camera about a month ago, £300 from Currys uk. I exchanged it in all three times, each camera had the same problem, dead pixels, at least three, all the other cameras I tried had the same problem. I recomend that anyone testing should try covering the lense and giving a second or so exposure, do this a number of itmes and the dead pixels will show up always in exactly the same place. This is different from digital noise which will be general and not occur in the same place all ...

This is my 1st and last upgrade unless it fails on me.I returned a cannon elph110 for this one. I definitly shoped around and I love it,digital photography is a hobby of mine and this unit has it all. Problems: camedia editor isnt that great but there are many other compatibles, also get 2 sets of nimh 16mAH rechargables with a rapid charger and you will never have a power problem.

I had a problem with camera operation in low temperatures. Problems: The camera failed when I tried to take pictures in Lake Tahoe in December. The temperature must have been below freezing. I tried NiMH and NiCD batteries, to no avail. I then read the manual and it says that the operating temperature of the camera is 32-104 deg F. Is this a camera problem or a battery problem? Would a Lithium battery work better? How about other digital cameras? How do they fare in this regard?