Olympus C-3000 Zoom

Announced Apr 24, 2000 •

Excellent, good value for money at £350 especially when you consider what the lesser Fuji and Kodak cameras cost Problems: Dodgy lens

I purchased this camera in December and have really enjoyed it, so far. The picture quality is very good and the look and feel are outstanding. The camera feels sturdy and secure when you are holding it. Lot's of great features and the ability to go manual is excellent. Overall, I like the camera. Problems: The lens cap needs a tether, I've almost lost it several times. The software crashes on my Windows ME system, when trying to us panarama mode. It's not the most intuitive camera to use. ...

This is a fantastic camera that is as easy to use as peeling a banana.It's robust construction is a great help when tiny hands manage to get their hands on it.Having said that my 4yr old has captured some great shots with it. I would not hesitate in reccomending this camera to anyone and I shall definately consider another Olympus Camera. Problems: Lens cap. how difficult can it be to design some sort of lanyard for it! it would be nice if it was supplied with the battery charger

Harold Ward

Highly recommended: I have had my c3000z for 1 1/2 years and love it. I had to send it back for repair under warranty for a dead pixel, and it was fixed and sent back to me within 10 days. The panoramic feature works very well. I stitch a few shots together and have them printed as 12" x 36" panoramas by ezprints.com for around $12. Unlimited possibilities here. I am going to buy a c-70uz for it's 380mm equivalent zoom lens and get rid of my 35mm camera for once and for all. Problems: dead ...

Bought the camera one year ago, I have taken a lot of pictures in China and Canada. Very satisfied with the quality of images and many useful features. I don't have the software compatible problem with windows XP, which I read in previous posts. Welcome to my online album to view the samples at http://photos.yahoo.com/wchen61. Problems: Big delay between pressing button and taking a picture. LCD easily gets scratch. Hard to use A/P/M mode (need to many steps to operate)

I've had this camera since Oct 2000. It was an upgrade to the Olympus D-220L (.3 MP, my first real camera - digital or otherwise). For about a year I took mainly full auto mode shots with fantastic results. Then as I learned more about photography I was able to "grow" into the more advanced features of this camera. It really has done a great job of keeping up with my ability as I became more able. So as I have blossomed into a real "prosumer" of photography (I now have a studio in my house) I ...

This tiny toy like camera is really a precision instrument. I can make good quality 8X10 prints and hopefully 11X14's when I get a large format printer. I use 1400mAh Nickle-Metal Hydride batteries which seem to last forever. This is a great camera that can now be had for a bargin price. Problems: Complex menu takes some getting use to. Lens cap should be removed just to turn on power. I guess this is because of zoom lens memory but its annoying.

This is my 1st and last upgrade unless it fails on me.I returned a cannon elph110 for this one. I definitly shoped around and I love it,digital photography is a hobby of mine and this unit has it all. Problems: camedia editor isnt that great but there are many other compatibles, also get 2 sets of nimh 16mAH rechargables with a rapid charger and you will never have a power problem.

Amazing sharpness, better than any SLR I've ever owned, even at 8x10. Sturdy body (metal, not plastic), bright LCD display and viewfinder. Aperture and shutter priority, bracketing, exposure compensation make this suitable for advanced users. Remote control is very handy and movie mode is fun. You can find this gem online for $420- 8 mos. ago it was $900! Problems: Camedia software sucks, (Olympus will charge you $20 for the latest version which is needed for Windows XP) buy a media card ...

I had a problem with camera operation in low temperatures. Problems: The camera failed when I tried to take pictures in Lake Tahoe in December. The temperature must have been below freezing. I tried NiMH and NiCD batteries, to no avail. I then read the manual and it says that the operating temperature of the camera is 32-104 deg F. Is this a camera problem or a battery problem? Would a Lithium battery work better? How about other digital cameras? How do they fare in this regard?