Olympus C-3000 Zoom

Announced Apr 24, 2000 •

I bought this camera on eBay about two weeks ago, and I'm beyond impressed. This is my first digital camera (also note, I know nothing of any type of photography, digital or otherwise) and I'm already taking pictures like ones you see that are taken professionally. The camera is practically idiot-proof, considering this camera came without the manual and I was able to take incredible photos as soon as turning it on. So far, I have no complaints about this camera at all, and would ...

This is my second Olympus and I adore this camera! My biggest, biggest gripe is that the viewfinder is NOT WYSIWYG! I find that I have to use the LCD monitor to compose my picture and then it's sometimes out of focus. This camera does come with a manual focus, which personally I find difficult to use. This camera is chock full of features. In addition to being able to take video, you can shoot in B & W, or sepia, for instance. This camera also has a manual mode and a really cool remote for ...

I bought this camera about a month ago, £300 from Currys uk. I exchanged it in all three times, each camera had the same problem, dead pixels, at least three, all the other cameras I tried had the same problem. I recomend that anyone testing should try covering the lense and giving a second or so exposure, do this a number of itmes and the dead pixels will show up always in exactly the same place. This is different from digital noise which will be general and not occur in the same place all ...

the camera is really nice and easy to use! and the quality of the pic is good! it is value for money !

Gordy enjoyed using it. And the quality of the pix were worthy of printing in every magazine we submitted it to. Problems: Without the manual, it is very difficult to use all the options

Michael

Bought as open box special for $289 Have had no problems Image Quality very good. I recommend getting a 128MB smartmedia card and a Card Reader for your PC or Mac and at least one set of 1800mAh NiMH Rechargables (I bought the Monster Power brand with a charger for $39.99) I plain on getting a second set but so far I have taken over 150 photos played around with settings and viewing images and still on first charge. Also I recommend getting the tiffen barrel adapter and a UV protector Filter. ...

This is my first digital camera and I just love it. The picture is excellent both on my PC and when I print them out. Problems: No enough optical zoom.

The one thing I like most about this is the 32mm feature, most if not all (of the same price range) have 35mm and up. This camera gives ~10% more of the object. The 3020.30/40 all have 35mm, I never understand why! It makes me feel like I am using my old Minolta SLR 20 years ago, with the manual controls. Fun! Problems: The lense cap can easily be lost!

I believe that this is the best Digital I have ever used. I hardly ever use my 35mm. I really like the way your images are true. Problems: The Lens Cap is very easy to loose, and I did.

Paintman

Camera works great for all my uses. Camera lens cap problems can be solved by a special lens cap adapter that fits over the lens a nd snaps open and closed. Look on the internet camera accessories @ $10.00 I think. I bought mine a long time ago. I also bought a 2x adapter for the zoom, which also works great. Problems: No problems that can't be solved by a little research.