Olympus C-2020 Zoom

Announced Oct 19, 1999 •
Trevor D

I have used a C2020Z for over a year now, mostly for studio portraiture of friends and relatives. Whilst A4 blow-up prints are a bit ambitious, 8x6 is achievable photo quality when viewed from normal viewing distance. After all, what normal person examines the print quality through a loupe? I have also used the camera for some landscape work and the panoramic facility is good. I have not noticed any fringing/CA that has been commented upon in later models (e.g. 5050, 730 etc). Whilst I ...

After owning a Fuji MX1200 for a year, I was looking for a replacement. At least 2MP and a zoom lens. The new Fuji 2600z looked good, until I was offered a C2020z for £200! I can't believe the image quality. Poorly lit shots even come out crisp. The manual focus is well implemented and works impressively well. Problems: The only thing I can think of is the omission of a direct usb connection.

I have had my 2020 for two years and I'm very happy with it. It is my 2nd digital, the first was an Olympus D-360. The camera is easy to use once you get accustomed to the menu settings. Since my 2020 is 2-years old I am thinking of getting a C-4040z to replace it. However, each time I use the 2020 I question the decision to upgrade since I get such great photos, but it is time for higher resolution and a faster lens. Problems: None worth mentioning

Over all I like this camera. I own a Nikon SLR and it took me a little while to get used to the fact that this camera doesn't have the same substantial feel that the Nikon has .The pictures are sharp and contrasty . There is so much parrallax with the veiw finder that it is almost worthless... Problems: Veiw finder parrallax. Softwear isn't good.

I've owned this camera for almost a 1 year and love it. Its my 4th digital, starting with a 320, then 640, then 1.3, now 2.1MB with ZOOM It takes photos with GREAT detail and GREAT color making nice printed photos (even 8x10's) with my HP RetII printer. It is a very Bright camera, showing detail in the background even in darker places, but then sometimes too bright on a close up so i use the computer to darken it ONCE in a while, not often, all opossite of my Fuji 1200, which had a 8 foot ...

My first digital after years of 35mm. I am impressed by color and quality. A platform you can add to. The Vivitar 283 flash works very well with this camera on a good frame. I recommend the extenda-view pro for more accurate framing via the LCD. Lens armour is a must and it makes it eaiser to add teleconverters. You can master this camera in a few sessions and have a lot of exposure options or put it on auto and fire away. It is hard to take a bad photo with this camera. Problems: A ...

I'm using this camera, which replaced my Fujifilm 1700 Zoom, for about 6 months now, and I'm very satisfied with it. The picture quality is absolutely great (A4 prints are no problem at all) and the number of features is amazing. Problems: It's a pity the panorama function is only available on Olympus smartmedia cards. The position of the camera strap connectors isn't ideal.

Have had for about a year now and happy with the quality of pictures and overall simplicity yet flexibility of this camera. Problems: shutter lag has ruined many potentially good pictures.

StephenL

Excellent quality - producing A4 prints of genuine photographic quality. Close-ups are particularly good - like the spot metering option esp when linked with close focus. Good in low light. Only drawback is the limited (3x) zoom - or am I getting greedy? Contrary to many reviews I have no problem with the battery cover catch. The LCD screen is good in all but the brightest light. The viewfinder does not cover the total picture area, which can marr compositions and mean extra cropping ...

Amir Malhi

I have the 2020 for about 5 months. i take it with me anywhere. i love the look and feel of the camera.