Olympus C-2020 Zoom

Announced Oct 19, 1999 •

Quality of image in all light situations has been excellent. Battery consumption is low. The USB card reader by Olympus is great.

I've been an enthusiast of film photography for many years. After much debate, I chose the Olympus C-2020z as my first digital camera. I'm pleased with my choice. I found the camera to be easy to use, while offering many creative features. The bottom line with any camera is the quality of the images. I've been impressed with results I'm getting. Problems: None, so far.

I've been fairly impressed with the camera, the image quality is excellent, and they snuck in "movie" mode on top everything else. Battery life seems to be pretty good. I almost always use the LCD display to frame images, and I've found that I can use the camera almost all day with one set of fully charged NiMH batteries. Problems: 1. "movie" mode records in quicktime format (as aposed to mpeg or AVI format, that would be easier to edit), and doesn't include sound (no microphone) 2. When the ...