Olympus D-510 Zoom (C-200 Zoom)

Announced May 8, 2001 •

Nice camera! Solid and compact, all the controls feel sure and definite. Olympus lens is excellent quality and it reacts quickly. As with all auto-focus and -exposure cameras one must half-depress the shutter release to set the settings. The software is not as user friendly as the HP PhotoImpression, except for easier 'slideshow'. Good zoom, diopter and LCD brightness adjustment, and it saves my settings.... it also has dedicated buttons for flash, macro, delete, self-timer and safeguard. ...

This camera is a pretty good point and shoot camera for the money. It's got some handy features like exposure compensation. I like to use this feature to keep a picture dim when required to use flash, because if I were to just turn off the flash, the picture would be rather dark and not so much dim. Since it's digital, you can get all the practice you need. Whenever I take pictures of something or someone, I take maybe three or four shots in different settings to see which one looks the best.

I'm very happy with this camera. I got a 64mg media card with it and can take hundreds of pics at a time. I highly recomended getting a large capacity media card and rechargable batteries. When shooting I disable the LCD display and flash and have taken 200+ pictures on a single charge. I plug the camera into my USB port and it pops up as a hard drive on my computers desktop. I have even used it as a portable HD, transporting files from computer to compu Problems: None

I get a refurblished D510 for $239 from EBAY. What a great deal it is! Easy to use menu, but some menu icon is hard to guess. Battery life is good, but it is a bit heavy while installed 4 NiMH batteries. It is very fast to start and shutdown, but flash is long to refilled. The Automatic ISO is great for begginer, but that is annoying while zooming indoors. Good Paranoma mode is easy and can be connected to 360 degrees, but it is limited to orginal Olympus memory card. Construction is ...

Easy to use even for first-time users of digicam. Takes very clear pictures even at low light. The video out function which allows connection to the TV is cool. On top of this, it has 15 sec movie mode. Except for its weight and slightly bulky body, it is a good value camera. Problems: 1. The date does not appear on the printed photos even if I have set the date in the camera. 2. Still struggling to use the cam media software that allows you to edit photos.

I have used other digital cameras but this is the first one that I have owned. I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality I have received. I use a lot of 8 x 10 formating when I print so definition is important to me and this camera has given me more than I expected for the price. I recommend it highly. Problems: None so far.

Good digital camera, simple to operate, makes good quality pictures. Blue sky and winter sky photo's work out very very well. Nice to handle, easy to take along. Nice and simple software included. Problems: Red eye feature within the Camedia software works on most red eyes, not all.

1.easy to use 2.save and show quickly 3.the modeling is very cool 4.picture image is bright and beautiful Problems: 61000 point of 1.8 TFT is not good

great value @ $300 specially with the free 64 meg card. Problems: not yet

I got this camera for my Birthday just before Xmas 2001 & was very impressed with the picture quality & ease of use. It feels nice & solid too! Shame it doesn't come with 16MB smartcard or rechargeable batteries - this thing eats AA batteries in a couple of flashes or low light shots. This factor is rather disappointing Problems: My smartcard corrupted before the end of the first day!!! This rendered the camera completely useless. Olympus European Customer service were terrible & very slow to ...