Olympus D-370 (C-100)

Announced Jun 5, 2001 •

When I first Bought the camera I was amazed by the amount of features it had, I must compare the features to other similar Digital Cameras like the Fujifilm 1300 which does'nt support J peg Quick time clips. All the owners out their should appreciate this camera because it is made by the Best. Problems: Poor build quality of the buttons, also dirt can easily get stuck in the LCD screen.

Well, this the first digital camera I have used and I think that it's terrific for the home user or first time Photo buff! It definately has enough features and quality to keep you using it for a long time. I bought the heavy duty Olympus charger and batteries and they last for a long time. Problems: Software supplied is not too flash and really does'nt offer much, and it's not written for the C100, so why supply it ?

This is my fist venture into digital camera's. I have a windows 89 system and was confused at first trying to install the software - that is until I read the manual. I didn't need the supplied software in the end, I get better editing tools with paint shop pro. Great picture quality for the pixel depth. OK it looks digital but no worse than a scan from a photo. I liked the little 320 * 240 video. about half a minute on a 32mb card. It's the best value camera around at the moment. £149 in ...

This is an excellent camera for beginners like us. The kids love it and all pictures are fine. Shame only about the software problems on loading win98 USb. Using smart media has saved batteries this week!

BEWARE if you do not have Windows 2000 or above. Notice everyone says how wonderful it is for Os of that range. Problems come with Windows 98. Nobody tells you where to download software or anytjiong else for it. If this is an indication of what digicams can do, they've a long way to go to equal a 35mm Problems: Installing software on my Windows 98 PC

This is super digital camera c-100 , very good

First digital cam bought today - spotted the *posh* brand of Olympus - 1.3 pixel WITH lcd display for £169.99. Very impressed. I have seen a few postings with concerns but for this price its very good. I DREADED installation probs with winXP! but nope - plugged the USB cable in and XP must already have drivers for the C100. so that was it all setup in seconds! No need for the enclosed drivers. Problems: None (thankfully)

I'm dissapointed with this camera, I expected more from Olympus. The images it produces seem to be optimized for screen rather than print (which is understandable for a 1.3mp camera) and they do look good on screen. The printed image is is worse than it could/should be. Using the SHQ mode to take the shot, it prints out rather grainy with lots of digital noise present at the extremities of the flash distance. I'm comparing the printed output performance against my experience with another ...

Easy to use for snap shots, but I havn't tried all of the features yet. The documentation leaves a lot to be desired. I am downloading using a smartmedia card reader, and the download takes under a second per photo. The original batteries are still good after about 300 pix, allowing the flash to flash, etc. Excellent value. Good for appraisers. Problems: Owner's manual is difficult to follow

I own a Fuji MX-1200. A few days ago I bought an Olympus C-100. I can only say that my MX-1200 is in every way superior. The C-100 takes longer to operate with it's menus. The pictures are less sharp, tend to be overexposed, and the colorbalance isn't very good. Flash photos indoors were of poor quality. I returned the camera today. I wouldn't take it even for free. Buy anoter camera!