Olympus C-1 (D-100)

Announced Mar 6, 2001 •
Alejo

I was looking for a pocket cam in order to carry it everywhere. I found this model and bought it on line. It does it job perfectly, if you consider it to be just a pocket cam. No complaints at all, it´s a very good companion for trips.

I borrowed this camera for three days and I took my very first picture, here is an exemple http://w1.498.telia.com/~u49816524/Bilder/best/stor1.htm I was really impressed! so now I´m in que e for Olympus C-200. ( I had to through away some of the longdistance zoomed ones, so I guess big brother will be worth a hundred more.) The linscover gets an extra + Problems: YES! The camera I´m looking for is not available..... I´m really longing for it!

Except for the small screen - and some rather annoying trouble with the usb driver for Windows 98 - this is a perfect camera for snapshots and photos for web-use. I just bought it for appr. 200 US$ Problems: Install extra driver for Windows 98, then the Camedia Master will recognize the camera as a temporary drive usually named E. Do not / I emphazise this / try to use the my camera icon ...

Very easy to use camera with great color images. Quite easy on batteries as well and fits well into the pocket. The limitations of this 1.3megapixal camera show up sometimes and make me wish I had a 3megapixal camera sometimes. Love the value though and glad for buying this well thought out and easy to use and carry camera. Problems: Fell on the camera with full force and it survived apart from the battery cover breaking open. Olympus in Sweden fixed it without charge.

Great pocket camera. A joy to use and the pix look good for the price I payed. $280 CDN I have taken this camera on sking and mountain biking treks. Wonderful as photo email camera. Problems: My first camera, after a week had a electronic bug and was replaced. This one has run well for 4 months. Be aware of disconecting the USB properly. Keep the lens clean, dust will show!

For 1700 kr (£170) it is a really nice point and shoot camera. Just bear in mind that this is not for demanding artistic photography. The best things about this camera (apart from its pricetag) is the ease of use and the small size and weight. A little trick: when hooked up to your pc you can use the cameras Smart Media card as a portable storage device for all sorts of files. Just drag and drop a file into the root directory :) Problems: No problems so far

we bought this camera as our first digital and wanted something cheap(ish) and simple to use and this is it, couldn't be easier, and for pictures not to print (just to send on emails and web pages) they are brilliant, the software it came with wasn't up to much and i couldn't get it to run on XP, even with the new drivers from olympus i ended up giving up in the end and using my scanner stuff, and the flash could warm up a little quicker Problems: software next to useless, flash but ...

Easy to use, fast download, long battery life - all I need for a pocket camera. Have used it for 2 months now Problems: The lense cover/lid is a bit stiff, feels like it needs some oil?

bought this camera 3 weeks ago, took many many photos every day! very easy to use, batteries last long (without using the lcd-screen very often), god image quality in this resolution. very good camera for beginners in digital photography wich have not so much money! Problems: the software dosen't work on my computer...i think i'm not the only one having this problem?!!

Had the camera for 7 months now. 2000 pictures on my hard drive. Excellent picture quality, easy to carry on: lightweight+small. I just shoot and shoot and shoot. Problems: Slow operational speed: turning on 3 sec, recharging flash is 8 sec, writing image to card 4 sec. Supplied card is small for the SHQ quality pics - only 8 pics on a 8 Mb card.