Olympus C-1 (D-100)

Announced Mar 6, 2001 •
Robson Reis

I send this comment to eopinions.com, now I want to share with newsgroup people: I bought this camera 13 months ago, I soot a more than 2000 pictures, very good images, but three weeks ago, after I changed the batteries, the camera did not turn on. I thought it was batteries, but were not. I took to Olympus repair center, they took 5 days and they call me with the price to fix (my warranty was 12 months (ah ah looks like a clock bomb). They ask me US$ 150 to fix the camera. They are crazy. A ...

Good entry level camera, except of image quality. the lens is really bad! whats more, it often need very long expositure times.

Ben Caesar

Good entry-level camera. Point and click. Good performance in low-light conditions. Fairly reliable at taking reasonable pics (probably due to uncomplicated P&S design). Certainly one of the better entry-level models. The 35mm equivalent is prob the best fixed equivalent you can have in the most situations. AA batteries is handy when desperate. Is a good camera for the main benefits of digicamming (loads of pictures and instant viewing on LCD). Viewing pics on the LCD is slow as it ...

Problems: help pleace!!!! i cant download picture mediacam usb what soft i need pleace

It does the job well enough,the price changed £20.00 after I bought it, sod. No problem using and connecting to pc battary life short. Problems: I found that you had to be aware of dust in inside pic's that was annoying white spot's on pic's

Pros: Unlike much more expensive cameras, the red-eye reduction works perfectly, every time. Great snap-shot camera for the money ($150 at WalMart). USB connection to PC very easy - no special drivers or sw required. Cons: Excessive time from to complete photo. Gets into unresponsive modes requiring turning off and on. No optical zoom. Problems: Quit working after 3 months. Warranty repair required.

Problems: 1. Turn off after some seconds the video-out but with adapter too.. 2. If i was set the flash to off, after if turn off and and again turn on the camera, will this features turn to default...

I've been very pleased with the pictures I get out of the camera. The battery life is excellent. It's small enough to fit in a pocket. Problems: The camera suddenly stopped working, on Christmas no less. I sent it back to Olympus and they repaired it quickly with no questions. It's a little slow to start, to save and with the flash.

I've just bought it 3 days ago! Well it got a low res. but the picture is ok. ( light & focus) Zoom function is useless. It interfaces all right with WinXP. In fact I just plugged it in with the supplied USB cable, and XP ran a transfer picture guide :-) So far, I haven't used the software that came with the camera! Problems: None so far

Mine broke after three weeks delicate use. I was really liking the little thing. Pictures were everything I needed, quite sharp, neat macros, very convenient shirtpocket size, ease of use. Thought I had a bargain. Especially liked the editing software. Problems: Suddenly, when I turned it on I heard a B-R-R-R-R sound, and the view screen turned blue with an obscure error message, and everything froze. Could not take a picture, could not fine a cure. I think the focusing servos flew off their ...