Nikon 1 J3

Announced Jan 8, 2013 •
14 megapixels | 3 screen | 1″ sensor

Dpreview says this camera compatible with ML-L3 INFRARED remote, however NIKON website does not say this camera compatible with ML-L3. Hope someone confirm this for me. Many thanks with your help.

A few years back if someone wrote that the Nikon 1 represents one of the best mirrorless camera's on the market I probably would have laughed:  I mean a 1 inch sensor ?  Small bodies with minimalist looks ?  No retro styling ?  Well times have changed and I have been fortunate (or stupid depending on your perspective) enough over the last few years to have owned quite a few bodies (the Olympus OMD EM5, The Sony NEX 3N, Fuji X100 to name a few).  I have tried and tried, but nothing gave me ...

Alejandro G

I have owned a couple of DSLRs, like Nikons D40X, Sony Alpha 230 and Canons EOS 70D. They're awesome, but bulky, and hard to have around at any given time. I bought this camera in order to have the option of switching lenses and still have a compact camera. Happily, this camera has delivered on my expectations. I bought an 1.8f lens, which is pretty awesome for night pictures. I won't bore anyone with talk, since we all want to see pictures, so let me share my results. Hope this is helpful!

Lupti

Have tested this camera for some days. It´s a big disappointment. Pics are lacking details and aren´t crisp. Same thing regardless if JPEG or RAW. Noise performance is a shame for Nikon. Controls are frustrating as there are not enough buttons, e.g. there is no ISO button, you have to change ISO in the awkward menu. The 1 system is a joke, the price-tag just outrageous. You can get a decent DSLR for this price, a good mirrorless cam from other brands or a high-end-compact if you want small ...