Nikon D60

Announced Jan 29, 2008 •
10 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
D055

Bought this as my second camera but as a first semi-professional SLR back in 2007/08 when I was 18. Still am using until now in university as a photography major and I still am finding how amazing this little guy is despite the lack of settings the D60 would have compared to a D90 and its newer siblings. It provides amazing color, crisp images (with patience and sometimes with a the aid of a stable hand or tripod) and teaches me new things and new perspectives wherever I go. I love shooting ...

Jabels

I borrowed one of these for three years from my high school, it provided an excellent base and got me well acquainted with the DSLR world. I would recommend this for any first time photographer looking for a beginner's camera at a cheap price. Problems: The tiny tiniest of buffers, only around 8 shots in JPG.

Asraf Nikon D60

The colours of the pictures are so natural. I love Nikon!

Colin Lawford

Bought one of the last ones around, £330. With a case, a card and a 55-200mm lens around £550. Excellent value for money. Image quality very good everywhere but especially indoors where handheld low light photos are great. Certainly way better than Ricoh R4. Problems: None

Wahl

Great little camera. Good for beginners, perfect little trip and backup body for advanced shooters, too. Would have given it 5 stars in IQ two years ago, with D5000 and D90 sensor it's 4 stars. Note regarding another user report: marxhome, if you are too stupid to even explain your concerns, better stay off the keyboard. Posts like yours are a shame. If one star in every category is what you value this camera, the problem is not the camera, it's your incompetence. Problems: AF points tend to ...

Digi Tal

If you're looking for a quality DSLR which offers great lenses, ease of use and portability the D60 is hard to beat. Like all DSLR's, the user manual is very technical. You're far better off getting something like the D60 Field Guide for $20 at Chapters. The 18-55MM kit lens is pretty good but since investing in the camera I've purchased 2 additional lenses to suit my evolving needs. I stick with Nikkor lenses, they're worth the extra $ and less hassle. Battery life is ~250 shots in mixed use ...

Dennissmith

The Nikon D60 is a great camera and takes great photos, Once you get use to using a DSLR camera it is very easy to use. The camera only has 3 Auto focus points which is a bit low for a DSLR. It has a great dust reduction system to keep your photos clean and "Spot" free. This is a great first DSLR camera for anyone wanting to move on from a "Point and shoot" camera. Problems: None

jcampeau

I am recently testing this camera. The D60 takes excellent photographs. It's a good camera for beginner or intermediate level photographer, if your advanced there are better choices for cameras.

Massimiliano Cricco

Great Camera for the Amateur Photographer. Excellent IQ and very ergonomic. Highly Recommended specially for people who want to travel lightweight without renouncing a DSLR. Problems: No bracketing. No AF point selection Lock.

shihanc

Great camera. Very good picture quality. Easy to use.Good choice for SLR beginner. VR Lens rock. My first SLR camera,I love it. Problems: 3 Focus points. VR Lenses are expensive.