Nikon D60

Announced Jan 29, 2008 •
10 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
Footski

I was given this camera by my father after being away from photography for a number of years. Within minutes of handling it, my interest had been rekindled. Set it to Auto and fire away. Set it to Aperture priority to control depth of field and way you go. The camera really does cater for beginners, but at the same time allows you to learn and progress your photography to a high standard and level. Problems: None found, bearing in mind, who the camera is aimed at and the price level it is at.

sincraft

Trying to give this camera a chance but as a new user of DSLR cameras I can say that I've had better results using comparable Canon models owned by friends. Far better. Everyone on these forums insists its me and not the camera but hard to believe that over 2000 photos can end up looking this bad after so many attempts compared to being able to get better shots immediately using Canons. Then there is the debate about the d40 actually being better...and all the examples I see back this up. ...

schwaa

I just bought this camera and is great!!!! I did not know that it was so good till I studied some tips on the manual and on line. It's a great Slr camera! Problems: None

goldsheld

I am about to buy a D60. Opting away from the D80 (Maybe I'll buy the equivalent of the D300 in a year or two, hopefully when that quality and features are available in a lighter body). With the 18-200, and maybe the 14-24. So you seem to support the idea the D60 is real good? Even rather than the D80? I do want something lightweight?