Nikon D50

Announced Apr 20, 2005 •
6 megapixels | 2 screen | APS-C sensor
chkugler

i like the d50 a really good camera in good light pictures: http://luke-photoblog.blogspot.de/2014/02/nikon-d50.html

chkugler

i like this camera. it is well build and the image quality is very good in good light. pictures with this camera :http://luke-photoblog.blogspot.com/

excellent make, sturdy, heavy like a dumble. Image depth and colour rendition was excellent under strobe and out doors, could have had a larger display screen and more focusing points with cross points. overall prosumer level body.

bepell

I have been shooting for about 12 months and I love this camera. I have gone back and forth in regards to upgrading to a newer body, however, i can't seem to let go. Even though it has 6.0 mp's, i do pp in Photoshop anyway and stay within my bounds for printing images. Problems: None. It has powerup every single time, its reliable and the battery life is very good.

boker

RAW image more detailed when JPEG. all good, but little LCD size. Problems: trought 3 year using no problem found (16000 shoot)

HrvojeP

After 3,5 years of continuous use and some 20k shutter releases, no serious problems have been encountered. I shoot exclusively RAW and do my PP in Lightroom - LR profiles do good job of imitating the JPEG settings of the camera. Works very well with nikkors and 3rd party lenses - I own a couple of Sigmas and one Tamron. Positives: - great out of camera JPEGs - low noise (for 2005 camera), great colors - excellent ergonomics - long lasting battery - instant responsiveness, shutter lag barely ...

dholl

I like the D50...but do shoot in RAW as you'll be able to manage the colours much better.

dholl

yenta

I have had my D50 for about 4 years. I use it both for fun and occasionally for weddings, portraits, various events, etc. The image quality is excellent, up to 11X13, however I rarely push matters so far. I occasionally use the kit lens if I need the wider settings. However I mostly use my old Tokina professional series 28-70 2.8 lens and the images are wonderful. The battery life is phenomenal and the camera has performed flawlessly. Trying to shoot manually, though, is a pain. (I am an ...

tazdigitaldevil

The Nikon D50 surprised me, i thought that it was inferieur to the Nikon D70 i also own, but it isn't . The D50 can compete with the D70 and specific in higher iso speeds the D50 is much better with it's noise levels. In handeling it is almost the same as the D70, only in M mode there is the difference because the D50 does not have a front command dial , but setting the shutterspeed first, than press the E/V buttoun holding it down in M mode turning the command dial makes it possible to ...