Nikon D40X

Announced Mar 6, 2007 •
10 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
Kazzaz

i liked it i have this camera for about 6 months now and it's perfect for my use , i got it instead of the d5000 and got 35mm lens and some lighting equipments instead and i'm happy i did that the quality of the camera is almost the same as my friend's d5000 and i'm happy with the result till now .. Problems: i hate the fact that there's no live view in the camera .. but i got used to it that i don't even use live view in other cameras .

Joaquinnekuh

Only to pirinchov, who is obviously paid by Sony.

Apan Basu

I bought this Camera early last year with Nikor AF-s DX VR 18-200 mm lens. I am happy overall with the camera. It does take good pictures. As some other reviewrs suggested - the focussing need to be adjusted slightly to get good focused picture. The "Active" setting on the camera allowed me take some nice pictures from a high speed train in Europe. Problems: The manual suggested that the ISO sensor can be set at "Auto" with P, S, A & M mode. The camera does not allow that. Only time the ...

dholl

For some silly reason Nikon have done away with the 1/500 flash sync (compared to the D40/50). But the extra resolution can be very nice if that's what floats your boat. I prefer the D50 IQ (less sheen, more realness), so check out the sample galleries first before deciding.

Luis Mayora

Excellent in all range modes, RAW spectacular. Vivid images very beautiful with excellent quality photography. Easy use

edenstanger

Hi this camera is a must fot a first time slr user its easy and has a good picture quality and the ease of use is top knotch, its well price for what you get. Problems: no problems so far its very roubust hasnt brokend once or faulted.

Donnie Han

This little one is great. Same RAW quality as D200, or D80 and even much better jpeg quality then D200. Sometimes I'm tired of carrying around D200 and lens, so I bring D40X with Ultron 40mm. I like it. Problems: Can't use AF Dtype lens that I like, you know. So this one makes me change (or I should say 'upgrade') my lens to AF-S or HSM.

shomie

Overall, I like this camera. It's light & easy to use but.... Problems: My main problem is that I cannot seem to produce a picture any larger than 5 megapixel except in the RAW shooting mode even when set at the best setting. If anyone has a clue please fill me in.

Ayan M

Excellent DSLR camera for an amateur like me. Problems: 1. WB in Auto mode is not that much good. 2. No motor in camera body. 3. Choice of lens is limited (bcos of point 2).

carmelo05