PIX 2015

Nikon D3200

Announced Apr 19, 2012 •
24 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
Cyxsibo

This is great dslr for starters, missing only bracketing option but that's not so much of a problem.

Great image quality. If you know what you are doing, thats all ull ever need. Pros: Solid build, lighter and smaller compared to othed DSLRs, i suggest you shoot in RAW or RAW+jpg. Cons: Small crappy viewfinder. My eyes get tired from it. That's really the only bad thing there is. As for lenses, 18-55 (28-80) kit lens seems to do a great job, considering its a cheapass plastic lens, its quite good. I'd get a 18-55 or even 18-200 (28-300) if you dont mind it's weight and size, and a 35 mm 1,8 ...

BenBoy

The Nikon D3200 takes very high quality pictures. I especially like the high megapixels. It is the BEST for nature/landscape photography. Problems: The problems are that the file sizes are HUGE and the auto modes are bad.

budi0251

Bought this for my large prints craze, sure I should get a full frame for better details, but then there were no D600 (expensive too today) and D800/E still way too expensive. So, here I am with Nikon 50/1.4 Ai, maybe NEX-7 will do the job just fine, but heck, D3200 is the king of cheap 24MP APS-C. One thing to remember though, "Great MP Resolution (should) comes (and/or accompanied) with great lens too". So, nothing less than excellent prime lens for the D3200, zoom just won't resolve the ...

DS PhotoGraphix

Great camera for beginners. Perfect Entry Level Camera. Problems: As of this date. No problems encountered with the camera's performance.

al porfido

I bought the camera for no real reason, just wanted a new toy. I shot some dance school photos with it and was very impressed with the results. I used manual white balance and shot manual with strobes and all photos came out with great color and skin tone. Auto focus still is an issue but overall I was very pleased with the camera. It out performed my D300 in every aspect except focus. Problems: Just slow focus

al porfido

I bought the camera for no real reason, just wanted a new toy. I shot some dance school photos with it and was very impressed with the results. I used kmanual white balance and shot manual with strobes and all phots came out with great color and skin tone. Auto focus still is an issue but overall I was very pleased with the camera. It out performed my D300 in every aspect except focus. Problems: Just slow focus

al porfido

I bought the camera for no real reason, just wanted a new toy. I wshop some dance school photos with it and was very impressed with the results. I used kmanual white balance and shot manual with strobes and all phots came out with great color and skin tone. Auto focus still is an issue but overall I was very pleased with the camera. It out performed my D300 in every aspect except focus. Problems: Just slow focus

biglou052371

I just bought this last week to replace my aging dinosaur Olympus e510. My first shoot was a HS Rugby tourneyment. In daylight with no live view and minimal previews I was able to get 4600 shots from 1 battery which was a plus. I had contemplated the Nikon d7000 (?) but for my purposes this worked out well and for the cost of thatd7000 body I was able to get the camera, 2 32g cards, 2 extra batteries, and the 300mm nikkor lens. Overall I am happy and am thinking of buying a second one ...

Overall, this little camera produces excellent images below 1600 iso. The resolution and DR are great at 100iso and with decent glass. Firstly, it has a great set of features for such a low cost body. They are easy to access for the most part and intuitive once you have RTM. I would say this is going to be a great camera in the hands of creative people. It does what it is intended to do, very well. Overall, the speed of operation is consistent with other cameras in this ilk, but not upto the ...