Nikon D3100

Announced Aug 19, 2010 •
14 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
slipbyU2

Anyone who is in the market for a entry level camera to start out with, and on a budget. This camera will hold its own against the 32 and 3300's. ISO performance for a camera in this price range is GREAT !!! It has no microphone jack if you think you'll use one. Shoots sharp videos also. Great Guide menu for learning with. Don't count on getting good inside pictures with the 18-55 kit lens that comes with it. But with the money saved... it will half pay for a 35mm1.8 prime.

I Have This About 3 Yeras ..And I Enjoyd Its Simple But Greate For Start Im Working In Oil and Gas Company And I Never Fear to using This Camera Couse its not expensive

BaggyG9

This was my 2nd DSLR after selling my Pentax ist DL2.  And I have to say I LOVE IT! Of course it does not have the capabilities of newer and higher end DSLRs but you can  have some amazing results! I mainly use it for street photography since I love travelling and walking in the city finding new places etc. The 50mm 1.8G is one of the sharpest lenses I used so far and combining it with the D3100 you get some absolutely amazing results.

Wetzlarkid

Always in my car.............. Love It''

Bob Spez08

I've had this camera for about 4 months now and I am very pleased with it. Because I wasn't sure of taking the plunge to a DSLR I got the body and an assortment of old Nikkor prime manual focus film lenses used on ebay.  I was able to get the D3100 body, 6 Nikkor primes, one Nikkor zoom and a Vivitiar f-mount prime for under $700 total. Since it was my intention to shoot in manual mode for both pics and video, I didn't mind the lack of auto focus capable lenses. ISO and exposure time are set ...

CDNPHOTO12

This Camera Is Amazing Not The Best FPS But Great Overall Beginner Body 100% Recommend £300 With A 18-55 Great Buy. NIKON RULES

After shooting almost 25000 pics with my D3100, I can say I am quite content with the camera, which proved even more reliable than I had expected from an entry-level model: I shot as many as 850 pics in some 4 hours, with no problems at all. Very intuitive for learning photography, it may also serve as an effective instrument for (budget) events, as small weddings or christenings - at least until you want something more potent. Though, I would rather recommend you put quality lenses - a ...

overall a good camera, no autobracketing feature which shocked me when I went to use it. silly omission

ace123