Nikon D3000

Announced Jul 30, 2009 •
10 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
Francis de la Pena

This is my second review of this camera, and after taking it with me on a vacation. Here are some more pros I found regarding this camera: • Excellent Battery Life • Great for taking sceneries and landscapes, even night shots • Light weight compared to my D50 • Sturdy • With the right external Flash you can get great inside shots (Switched to a Vivitar Flash for Nikon DSLR) Problems: None found.

Francis de la Pena

I will go straight to the point. The camera itself is great, however it does not work well with my ProMaster 5550DX flash and module. It comes out darker than on my D50. However Quantaray flash work well with this, but my quanta ray can only do bounce, and cannot tilt or swivel. So, now I am currently looking into another flash, but I do not want to spend money on a Nikon brand flash if a cheaper third party flash works just as well. It is also lighter in weight than the D50 and is compatible ...

CATALA

this camera is best,camera foarte buna raport calitate pret imagine super senzor CCD de inalta rezolutie Problems: lipsa corpul din magneziu si grip

Borna Saeednia

It is very enjoyable to take photographs with it! Problems: No problem was found as a beginner photographer

AndyL99

The D3000 is a great camera for someone stepping up from even a very sophisticated point and shoot camera. I moved up from a superzoom P&S camera primarily because it was too slow and awkward for action photos of my kids. The D3000 solves all those shortcomings by providing, no shutter lag, more accurate and faster autofocus, and outstanding light metering. In one afternoon I took well over 300 pics of downhill ski racers and virtually all were well exposed and in focus. In post processing I ...

Shivir

My first DSLR after graduating from the P & S grade. I found it easy to use and fairly rewarding when you get good light. The proce means that there are certain sacrifices you make on features and one shouldnt expect the D3000 to perform like a D3X. It is a great entry level camera to use to learn. Yes, it does have a short curve, which means you will outgrow its limited features in 6 - 8 months of use, but unless youre going pro, it will work through a couple of years. The 18-55 kit lens is ...

Smada

Nikon user for 45 years. Incredible for the money. Picture quality is excellent up to and including 800 ISO. 95% of what I need can be done with ISOs 100 to 800 and one kit lens. Add the 55-200mm and you have 99%. All my old AI lens work fine, they just don't meter. With the sweet 16 rule and all the features; meter don't matter. I don't use the Guide, but it's nifty. It frees me to make better photographs. I leave it on "P" and ISO 400 and go from there. Problems: It is not as rugged as my ...

denvermtnguy

If you don't need video and the idea of slow live-view is counter-intuitive to an SLR, this smaller unit rocks. With a few configuration tweaks (especially make that self-timer button an ISO control!), this camera delivers enormous bang for the buck.

Soaks

Excellent camera. Take the time to expeimant. Picture quality can be excellent. Ergonomics are great and size terrific. Problems: None so far

HRPINDIA

Excellent Camera. Excellent picture quality. Features are very useful and easy if you get it right. Great Value for the price paid. Problems: None so far.