Nikon D3

Announced Aug 23, 2007 •
12 megapixels | 3 screen | Full frame sensor

The D4 seems the only likely upgrade to mme atthis pint. ALhtough at a pixel level I am not yet convinced the D4 is better, the D3 has served me VERY well and at 200,000 frames, it is still showing no signs of quitting. Problems: Zoom Level is not retained when deleting photos during review.

Carl Maiorino

I've been shooting for years having bought my fisrt Nikon in college 30 years ago. Simply put, this is the finest camera I have ever used. Nothing even comes close. Problems: None...zip...nada!!!

Joaquinnekuh

Only to pirinchov, who is obviously paid by Sony.

petercat

Nice, Solid and not too heavy. Very reasonable for my buy price. (~3,820 USD in HK) Problems: No

samuele

I'm pro weddings and child portrait's photographer and i have a couple of Fuji S5, and D2Hs, so the D3 is amazing camera for image quality and i'm very satisfied for skins tone and the dinamic range is so good. The skin tone probably fuji is the best, but nikon D3 is very satisfaction without magenta tone that has fuji :-( Problems: None

ron gallegos

Probably the best pro camera i have ever used. I did have a problem with the shutter about a month on two after purchase. it was repaired, not replaced. my only other complaint is the loudness of the shutter, in a church or similar venue, it is definitely a distraction. otherwise it's a great camera. i kept my d2hs for my surfing photography. where light is not an issue, i think the d2hs gives better results in sports photography. jury's still out on that though.

renato baldasso

Good camera Problems: I have problems when i use the flash SB 800 and SB900 mounted in this camera, low exposure in TTL BL mode

Frank Hoekstra

Absolutely fantastic camera Been a Nikon user since the F2 film i've been waiting all this time for Nikon to come out with a comparative to the Canon pro series I nearly switched camp Now that they are back on track I stick with the brand the D3 is a real work horse and now with the D700 as a second body WOW!!! I also use a Leica M8 for more intimate shooting If you do weddings and portraits this is the camera to use with it's low light capability the only down side is that it's heavy to hold ...

Adam Barkow

Simply Perfect. Problems: None

Rich Rosen

Construction: D3 follows in the footsteps of its D1 ... D2 predecessors. It is built for the professional and designed for environmntal conditions. Excellent Features: Lacks sensor cleaning. Live view is more of a hindurance for action, fast moving subjects. On the plus side the white balance grids are powerful tools once mastered. A very well featured camera. Image quality: D3 is not a 1dsMkIII. That is its advantage. It is designed for field use, not studio. But its image quality is not ...