Nikon D2Hs

Announced Feb 16, 2005 •
4 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
Tommo808

Bought new in 2008 for a sensible price this lump of magnesium alloy does everything I expected of it and more. Music events, motorsport, macro. I can happily use iso 1000-1250 all day. The compact files mean I now shoot everything in RAW. Follow this Flickr link for D2Hs image at iso3200 http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3425/3822104379_7b3d09e2ed_b.jpg Then (virtually) the same image at 1250 http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/3809773606_3b16800dc2_b.jpg original RAW image processed in capture ...

sung nee

I've had the camera for 3 years and to me this is one under-rated camera. High ISO shots are truly excellent (it was jaw-dropping when I first bought it). Had it not been for the misguided emphasis on pixel count, I'm sure this camera would have made far greater contributions to the world of photography. I call upon all D2Hs users to keep on using it, and show the world what it's capable of. Problems: None.

ixQuattro

Just replaced my trusty D2H with a lightly used D2Hs. Great upgrade. I loved the D2H but the D2Hs improves on alot of the shortcumings of the D2H. It takes such a great picture, lower noise, better WB. Really great camera. Problems: no problems

Arkon

I have a D3 and recently got a used D2HS (in excellent conditions). The D2HS is an excellent camera capable of taking beautiful pictures up to 800 ISO with virtually no noise. Compared to the D3 the colors are slightly more saturated. In my opinion, in the hand of an experienced user, the D2HS is practically the D3 at lower resolution (i.e., 4 MP versus 12MP) in DX mode. Problems: Not a full frame camera (I will love to have a 4MP full frame D2HS)

squodge

My rating is based on a secondhand D2Hs, which I bought for £520 in April 2008. I've used it for just over two months and I've had absolutely no problems. The handling is superb, coming from the D1X and D1H. The inclusion of a sub-command dial on the vertical grip is invaluable. The resolution, at 4MP, seems rather low in today's market - but the pixel pitch means that detail is excellent up to ISO 1600. I found the menu system a little more fiddly than on the D1X/D1H, probably me being ...

pablo162

I shoot weddings and portraits and events and have used D70, D200, D1x, and a D2x. The D2hs is the best all round camera of them all. I LOVE my D2x, it has fantastic image quality at ISO100 and the ability to crop is great, but the D2Hs is everything the D2x is, without the massive ability to crop and WITH superb quality at higher ISOs. I have been using mine for about 5 months now and regularly use is up to ISO 1600 and get fantastic results. Other top points for me are: Superb fast AF ...

adamlambert

Bought the D2Hs as an upgrade from my trusty D70. Only had it less than a week, but first impressions are superb. Very easy to use, many familiar features with many additional functions to learn. Focusing is superbly fast. Really looking forward to learning this camera.

stphane guitton

Nikon user ... with AI lenses ... just a question for Phil Come on Phil, please just end D2HS review for us !!! Thanks a lot

nopsar

I used to own a D70, which was my first DSLR, and was very happy with it. My D70 was too slow for action photography and in low light conditions. So, I sold it (40,000 clicks in one year) and bought a D2Hs 10 weeks ago. My brand new D2Hs has so far more than 15,000 clicks and I'm still impressed by its phenomenal AF speed (even in low light), its lightning fast response and its saturated colors (especially at high ISO). I just picked up my first large poster (A1 size or 23x35") 3 days ago : ...

Ian Charles

Using the D2Hs to photograph Motorcycle Speedway it delivers the goods and it's so easy to use. It is great for the work I do, and as it's only 4Mp I can turn the RAW pics around quickly to the magazines. It is responsive and well built, and with the 800 Speedlight it is great in all light conditions. Problems: None so far