Nikon D1

Announced Jun 15, 1999 •
3 megapixels | 2 screen | APS-C sensor
Greg Julich

I shoot both the F5 and the D1, the D1 has fixed several of the creature feature problems from the F5 most importantly the lock on the focus location control, the D1 has preform great with only a couple of concerns, the 3D matrix metering TTL flash runs on the hot side, minor problem with the thumb grip which came dislodged after some heavy shooting in a hot enviroment. Picture quality is absoultey great, most of my work is in the fine jpg mode and the rsults are truely stunning. The raw ...

Unknown user 49092

I FIND THE NIKON D1 CAMERA THE ULTIMATE KILLER MACHINE. I AM HAPPY OF THE RESLOLUTION,THE MOTOR DRIVE,THE FEATURES AND THE HANDLING FACILITIES. Problems: HOPE THAT THE MANUFACTURERS BRING DOWN THE PRICE AND ADVERTISE IT SO THAT WE ALL KNOW ABOUT IT.

Unknown user 45186

If you need SLR shooting speed, this is the one. Not as fast shooting (only 4.5FPS) as compared to my F5 and F4, but quite adequate. I have saved several hundreds of dollars on film developing so far. Previous digicam was Kodak DC290 - Good pictures but s l o w. Problems: Dust on CCD AF stopped working (removed lens, re-attach, and it works) same thing happens on the F5. Price dropped after purchasing (unknown to me or the dealer) many, many $$$ due to the intro of the D1H and ...

Unknown user 39797

I have worked in a camera store for years and have owned my D1 for quite some time now.. I have used it for everything from sports to portrait work, and the images it produces are outstanding. It is durable, reliable, and fun to use, plus it has made me shoot more, better photos. Problems: Just coming up with all the money for all my lenses and toys.

Ahmedmsafadi

very ... very ... very expansive Problems: very heavy

Unknown user 37685

After over 6months use, and thousands of photographs both professionally and for personal use, I for one am very happy with the D1. I use it most for shooting sports, including motorsports, the images produced have been stunning. Problems: Only problem encountered is having to carry a laptop computer around to download the images to. The new range of Digital wallets should solve that.

Unknown user 34644

The for Nikon is very, very, very expensive!!! Problems: More pixels photos!

Unknown user 34226

Between this camera and the higher-end photo printers, I doubt I'll ever go back to film except for large format. This is truly an awesome camera, that even is intelligent enough to compensate for this old duffer... Problems: No problems at all! Love this camera!

David NOELS

This has been 1 year (11/1999) since I bought my D1. I'm extremely satisfied with this camera. It's easy to use and image quality is excellent for a 2,7megapixel CCD. This proves that you don't need a overload of pixels but that pixel quality and good treatment in Photoshop is much more important. I managed to convince a lot of clients to use digital images. 90% of them is very satisfied of the image quality for use in magazines, advertising and even high quality books!! I usually shoot ...

Unknown user 29664

The D1 is a beautiful camera. It is not only easy to use, but has a great deal of functionality (comparable to the F5) and produces beautiful, crsip images in a variety of settings. Problems: Only the cost