Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED

Announced Aug 23, 2007 •
Zoom lens | Nikon F (FX)

This Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED lens is my standard goto lens.  I store it on my main camera as it is the lens I use 70% of the time.  Sure, you will almost always get better clarity and performance if you use a prime and I will pop on a prime when it is necessary or when I require that utmost perfection in a photo, but the difference in most situations is so negligible, that if I had to own just one lens and was being forced to give up all my glass but one, this would be the one I ...

Amazing lens...very very sharp,a little bit heavy(but if you can handle it,it's ok),a VR is not necessary but if it was there,it would be great!Worth its money... 5 stras from me!

exifnotfound

For a zoom it isn't too bad but when you consider a 50 1.8G costs 1/10th that of the 24-70 and has better optics, you have to wonder if it's worth it. I will say in it's defence however that it is extremely useful. Problems: Heavy, Costly, Optics could be better.

Saldahna

Best Zoom Lens I've had so far Problems: I may need a VR ;-)

Image quality is amazing. Build Quality very good. I use it to shoot sports at close range (martial arts withinn the arena), street, and portraits / events

RezaTravilla

The best mid zoom lens that Nikon ever created

Bofroe

Well it won't be a long review. I got this baby 2 weeks ago and believe me it was worth the wait/money it was worth everything !! And one of the cool things about this lens is, that when on 70mm it focuses very close I think it is 40cm that's very handy !! The one thing that could make this lens even better is VR but even without she's amazing !