Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED

Announced Aug 23, 2007 •
Zoom lens | Nikon F (FX)
exifnotfound

For a zoom it isn't too bad but when you consider a 50 1.8G costs 1/10th that of the 24-70 and has better optics, you have to wonder if it's worth it. I will say in it's defence however that it is extremely useful. Problems: Heavy, Costly, Optics could be better.

wonderful product, simple, join design, quality building, super image,.. Nikon developed a robust product with a great user experience... * ;-) *

Seriously, the whole right field of this lens is out to lunch.  Wicked CA's all over (10-15pixels at extremes)... that are easily visible on the Df, debilitatingly so on the d810..  Poor sharpness (or good blurriness if you prefer) even stopped down.  This lens never gets used.  I need to send it in, but haven't had the motivation.  Just plain bummed on it. Positives:  Build quality, tactile feedback, smooth zoom but pretty creepy, well balanced.  Did I just say in the short list of positives ...

This Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED lens is my standard goto lens.  I store it on my main camera as it is the lens I use 70% of the time.  Sure, you will almost always get better clarity and performance if you use a prime and I will pop on a prime when it is necessary or when I require that utmost perfection in a photo, but the difference in most situations is so negligible, that if I had to own just one lens and was being forced to give up all my glass but one, this would be the one I ...

Amazing lens...very very sharp,a little bit heavy(but if you can handle it,it's ok),a VR is not necessary but if it was there,it would be great!Worth its money... 5 stras from me!

Saldahna

Best Zoom Lens I've had so far Problems: I may need a VR ;-)

Image quality is amazing. Build Quality very good. I use it to shoot sports at close range (martial arts withinn the arena), street, and portraits / events

RezaTravilla

The best mid zoom lens that Nikon ever created

Bofroe

Well it won't be a long review. I got this baby 2 weeks ago and believe me it was worth the wait/money it was worth everything !! And one of the cool things about this lens is, that when on 70mm it focuses very close I think it is 40cm that's very handy !! The one thing that could make this lens even better is VR but even without she's amazing !