Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR

Announced Nov 1, 2005 •
Lens | Nikon F (DX)

I had this lens for a while, hoping for a one lens solution. It was too good to be true. For the most part the lens produces decent images. Its major downfall is focus field curvature. I found it to be at an unacceptable level and could never get sharp images away from center. I returned it and got myself a third party 17-50 f/2.8 and a the Nikon AF-S 70-300 VR. More expensive but you get what you pay for.

Martyn McMad

This is the lens I bought with my Nikon D300 from day one. Now, having previously owned a couple of Fuji bridge cameras prior to my D300, I thought this was a great lens, after all it gave me similar flexibility that a bridge camera would i.e. - wide to zoom in an all in one lens (18mm - 200mm) It's great as a travel lens and occasionally it will surprise you with some good photos but on the whole it just doesn't cut it when consistent IQ is what you want. I don't tend to notice if the VR ...

andrbar

This is a very good lens. Not perfect, but image quality is surprisingly good. I own the first version. For a traveller, if you want to carry a DSLR, this is the perfect travelling lens to face every situation. It is a bit slow, but how make a light and fast 27-300mm lens? Good job Nikon.