Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR

Announced Feb 21, 2006 •
Telephoto macro prime lens | Nikon F (FX)

it the best lens i have used ever.currently i own a 18-55 55-300DX and 105mm micro. Micro performance is brilliant and sharpest. I am using to shoot micros with hand held and give amazing results with the VRII technology. I am yet to use in a tripod. Overall 'The Best' lens ever made by nikkon for DSLR beginners.

Ryan McCutcheon

Absolutely fabulous. Sharpness is brilliant, performance is top notch and bokeh......... you don't even have to ask. This is my favorite lens. As a macro lens, it's killer. As a medium Tele, it's killer. Don't think twice about getting one. Problems: None; however, other Nikkors need these features. (like the 180mm 2.8)

Dustybootraveler

Nice piece of equipment but no auto-focus with my Nikon d3100.

By far! my best lens. The 105mm Micro gets you so close to your object that when you crop or zoom in to your images you see amazing results. Absolutely Love it. It was worth the buy!! Problems: The only thing. Is a bit heavy. But with Tripod or Mono-pod it works wonders...

Want to see in fantastic clarity details of insects, plants or anything else you can imagine to take a beautiful close up photo, then this lens is for you. I am currently using it on my D80 and soon on my new D7000, both DX giving me 157.5mm assisted by VRII (VR version 2, claimed 4 stops). With this level of zoom moving around by hand (no tripod or monopod) to get in close and flexible to that insect, flower or other interesting object, the vibration reduction is amazing. I read several ...