Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR

Announced Aug 19, 2010 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Nikon F (DX)
Stefan Cretu

This lens is for beginners who want to experiment with focales distances.This lens can be used especially in daylight. Example photos can be seen here http://cretustefan.smugmug.com/Galleries/D7000-55-300-VR2

CDNPHOTO12

This Lens Is Amazing For A Beginner. I Would Admit It's Nothing Compared To A 70-200 F2.8 Or 300 F2.8 But For A Beginner Looking For Zoom Its  The Best Choice And It Have SWM What Is Silent Wave Motor And It's Quality At 300mm Is Very Crisp. ONLY £170 From DigitalRev. Very Happy With Build Quality Aswell.

Hi. I've had this lens for 8 months now as a replacement for a defective 55-200 and I find it superior to the 55-200 but by a small margin. I like the sharpness and the contrast. it's the perfect partner to my old and faithful D90. One thing though: the autofocus is very slow. Actually it's the slowest autofocus lens in my bag. Even the entry entry level Sigma 70-300 Apo macro has a faster focus. Anyhow, it's good for me and I'm very satisfied.

great lens to shoot distant objects Problems: none

DS PhotoGraphix

This Lens I use it for Nature and Wildlife. Zoom works great for far targets and is very comfortable. Problems: None at All...

LJohnK2

Top shelf image quality, VR and tough all for a decent price ! Pros: Descent sharpness, CA well controlled and good AF speed in daylight. Cons: Rotating front element is a minor pain when using a polarizer. Used this lens for just under a year now on the D5000 & D5100. Great for outside shooting, birding, etc. Also good for inside portrait/flash shooting. Actually ran into a post while chasing a bird....the lens was slammed dead on but withstood the abuse, surprised me how tough this light ...

Saabeet

This is a fantastic piece of glass. Images are sharp. Almost a silent lens. feels very good in hand. Grip is good. Have a metal mount. For a lens this heavy, metal mount is good. Thus I don't have to fear about breaking my lens mount. Overall I am very much pleased with this lens which I am using for 4 months now. -Saabeet