Nikon Coolpix SQ

Announced Feb 18, 2003 •

Nice cam... i got it for almost a month, and i like it...Easy to use, solid, good looking...For a beginner, it's excellent. Except some artifacts and a little grain that came out in low light, everything it's perfect. Good job, Nikon! :D Problems: Some artifacts in low light and a little grain

gebkzoo

This is my first digital camera. I have not experienced the problems others stated in reviews. Pictures are sharp. Cannot focus manualy, but can choose focus area. Great deal on Ritz.com for $199.00. Problems: Extra memory and battery are a must.

Nice design, all-metal construction, very sharp display, easy to use, good lens. A great camera for beginners, a good pocket camera for amateur. Problems: Distortion at wide angle.

well, at first i want to tell that i also own a kodak 14n and a fuji S2, aside my largeformat and panorama film cameras,- i can tell that i am not a newcomer in the aspect of image quality. i needed for some reportage work next weekend a little unvisible camera. finally the work didnot happen now aften buying the sq... therefore i wanted to bring back the cam today to my dealer, cause i bought it just for this job. and what happened? when i wanted to do it in its package it fall down on my ...

brejan

A lovely little camera. Fits nicely in the hand and probably the best camera on the market for unobtrusive waist level shooting. I was able to take some amazingly sharp hand held low light pictures in a forest using the best shot selector function. Noise is definitely an issue but made up for by the lack of fringing in high contrast areas. Problems: Noise in certain circumstances

Drew

This is a very unique camera. The combination of size and swivel lens offers the the best of both worlds. The quality of photographs certainly does not match those of most other Coolpix models, but with some minor enhancements in software, excellent results can be obtained. The most published complaint about the SQ is the noise. I found these complaints to be justified; the camera does indeed produce considerable noise, particularly in low light situations, or within the shadow areas of ...

SteveHawaii

This is my third Coolpix. The menu system is sweet. I take a lot of panoramas and closeups -- both are very easy with this camera. I run everything through Photoshop and haven't noticed high noise on my camera. I just printed an 11x14 from part of an image and it's very nice. Charger will charge camera and spare battery at same time. Sweet little camera. Problems: Hokey lens cap arrangement looks like it was designed in Detroit.

taiyo

This is my first digital Nikon and I am very pleased. The colours comes out very natural and vivid. I found the macro very suitable for photographing flowers. Problems: The camera is nice to hold but a bit slippery. I have dropped it a few times! Using the handstrap is a must.

pauline3

Just love the camera. My first digital camera and I found it really easy to use. It takes a while to get used to the possibilities with the swivel function, but once you do it is great. The pictures come out a bit soft but otherwise great. Problems: I whish there was a possibility to adjust ISO manually

hoola

I am most happy with the swivel function that makes it possible to use the camera in different ways. The prints come out very nice and I dont seam to have the noise problem earlier reviewers had. The flash is great, skin colour stays natural. Problems: The lens cap has a difficult time to stay on