Nikon Coolpix S560

Announced Aug 7, 2008 •
symonh2000

I expected good things from a Nikon Branded camera, however i was dissapointed. Firstly the good things. The lens is excellent, good sharpness, and 5x zoom The camera is small and good looking. Takes ok outdoor shots, as long as there isn't too much sun/shadow contast. Now for the bad things. Suffers from terrible image noise over 200 ISO, this basically means that all indoor shots will be grainy, as it you use under 400 ISO shots come out too dark. Very poor dynamic range. If there are any ...

The photo quality was poor considering the company was Nikon! Problems: Camera lasted about 4.5 months then broke down. I took it back to the retailer who sent it on to Nikon. Nikon said it had been dropped and wanted $160 to repair. I tried to deal with them and get them to honor their 2 yr warranty but to no avail. Finally went back to London Drug who refunded the cost and bought a new Pentax W80 waterproof which is a much better camera!

marinera13

i did not much/. i comparing with my panasonic fs7 and the panasonic its much powerful and sharper then this one. Problems: out of focus pictures . grainy. and slow.

Symonh

I bought this camera after previously owning a Panasonic Lumix FS5. Initial impressions were very good. the camera is small, looks good and is well constructed. Unfortunately when the camera is used things go downhill rapidly. In the Auto scene mode the camera selects the wrong mode 90% of the time. Face recognition is next to useless, and the camera fails to focus in most instances in poor light conditions. This happens when the camera is set to center point focus. In the mode where the ...

stonebits

The S560 has a great design, sturdy and unbelievably compact. However, I find the image quality a bit lacking out of the box -- I have to boost the definition and sharpness a bit to get something that I'm happy with. This might just be a personal preference, but it relates to other reviews I've seen that mention 'noise'.

Good ease of use, and I like the wider-angle lens. But...NOISY!!! And with jpeg artifacts that are difficult to correct. The noise at anything over iso100 is totally unacceptable; certainly not worthy of a Nikon product in this price range. Back to Canon for me. Problems: Noise and artifacts

I purchased this camera as a P&S when I'm not carrying my D80. I was quite surprised at the excellent quality of my prints at 8X10. The features are limited compared to my DSLR but the results on P&S are impressive, and the scene modes are surprisingly accurate. The video mode greatly compliments what I lack with the D80, The ease of control pretty much aligns with other Nikon cameras. It takes a little getting used to without a viewfinder and if the sun is bright and at your back, you'll ...