Nikon Coolpix P3

Announced Feb 21, 2006 •
8 megapixels | 2.5 screen | 36 – 126 mm (3.5×)
KingClifton

Had the P3 for about a month and only done limited playing so far. Agonised over the P3/P4 other the Canon SD700/IXUS800 and the Fuji F30. - I saw sample photos which had by far the most natural and film-like colors and exposures. So that was what won me over. I'm not disappointed so far. - The LCD is good, highly viewable in all conditions. It offers quite a good "live" view in that it seems to adjust depending on your exposure, WB, etc. - I haven't noticed any metering/exposure problems yet ...

Hacker

A poor workman blames his tools. In the P3's case, I expected a lot, and I was not disappointed. Here are some samples taken with very difficult lighting conditions and without a tripod: http://static.flickr.com/47/145497233_d3b43f754d_o.jpg

Dave Nichols

Well I bought this camera expecting alot. I was going from a 750UZ 4mp camera and thought 8mp would be good. The feature set for the Nikon is impressive but the picture quality was really lacking. My 4mp camera outperformed it in everyway. I was so disappointed with this picture quality I bought a Sony DSC-W100 as a comparison point, the Sony hands down takes a much much better picture. The Nikon will be returned today, thks Best Buy for the liberal policy and I'll be keeping the Sony. I am ...

sc2406

excellent marco len's image quality !!

chicagobilly

Screen good size at 2.5" but hard to view in sunlight at times. VR a great addition the already action packed camera. Menu’s easy to navigate and wireless easy to use. Over all a very good upgrade from the previous cameras in the series of wireless technology the P1 and P2.