Nikon Coolpix P1

Announced Sep 1, 2005 •
8 megapixels | 2.5 screen | 35 – 126 mm (3.6×)
duncanh

I have been dissapointed with this camera aver since I started using it about one year ago. This is my first digital camera: I previously used 35mm SLR's and a Ricoh GR1 compact. Coming from this to the Nikon digital (it was a gift - I didn't choose it) has been fairly horrible. The construction is poor - a very light plastic case, a lens which has considerable movement from side to side when extended, the selector dial which turns if you so much as brush a finger against it. Features are ...

Pam Newt

I've been using this camera for about a month now and am very pleased with it. It has a great many features I never got into before, such as 640x480 movies, adding audio to files, etc. I have 3 things I'd change about this camers. Firstly, I'd get rid of the SHUTTER LAG. That's such a problem! Secondly, I'd have it take RAW files. And thirdly, I prefer BATTERIES you can pick up at the corner store to dedicated batteries. Oh, thought of a third change I'd make. It's too easy for the selection ...

Compass

wonderful image quality and value for money. Problems: wifi is too slow and not really useful

mrafiqulislam

A great camera with lots of great feature. I like WiFi, image quality, size and shape and lots more. Problems: -WiFi setup is a bit complex

mackaby

This is a fantastic camera. I have been using it now for several weeks and am very pleased with my purchase. Excellent construction and a host of features along with the Wi-Fi capabilities make this a terrific photographic instrument. Very pleased!

manolis

I use this camera as second camera with my D70.I have to say that i am happy to use this small camera and very pleased from the shooting results.(Images quality and easy of use)

Daniel Soh

A light holiday camera that offer basic settings, that does offer opportunities for good images. Red-eye setting in-camera is not worth the wait before the next shot.

Dondon88

Good..Very Good..Better than expected.

Joady

Excellent camera.... Takes crisp and detailed photos.. VERY happy I bought it.. Small enough to carry in my purse WI FI was an added bonus... amazing...results.. Problems: NONE

singletond

Comparison between Nikon Coolpix P1 & old Minolta Maxxum 3000i SLR 35-70 mm zoom. P1 has Nikkor x 3.5 zoom, 36-126 mm (35mm equivalent), 7 elements in 6 groups, max aperture f2.7 @ 36 mm & f5.2 @126 mm. Minolta (with Kodak Max 400 GC film) has x 2 zoom 35-70 mm zoom, f 4. Took shots of test cards @ 22 feet; one each at center, bottom left corner & bottom center of the scene. Card had font from 72, 48, 36, 28 then down by 2s to 8 point & with blue & & stripe for chromatic aberration check. ...