Nikon Coolpix L4

Announced Feb 21, 2006 •
Mark Goldberg

I actually bought this one for my son (16) for use on a youth pilgrimmage to Spain and Israel (home safe now, thank goodness!). It was for six weeks. He is more of a history and geography buff and not too technical. We have a Canon A95 point and shoot which does very well, but rapidly consumes its four AA batteries and somewhat complicated for its type. I knew that with the Canon A95, he'd have to worry about battery changing and recharging, and the with the moves of their tour, the ...

Ben Hackett

This is a good camera. It is perfect for average shooting and grab and go snapshots.

eoliveira

Very poor flash pics. Problems: This camera was for my pre-teen daughter. Controls - almost none. Flash pictures => awful Daylight pictures => good

adz929

I picked on of these up for the kids to use and I love it. Its light, small and a lot of fun to use. For a little over AU$300 with a carry case and an SD card, you can't go wrong. When using Auto mode, the flash can create some rather harsh light when shooting portraits, however the inbuilt protrait mode seems to overcome this. With this camera, you get exactly what you pay for, something small, easy to use and above all else, fun :-)