Nikon Coolpix L3

Announced Feb 21, 2006 •
5 megapixels | 2 screen | 38 – 116 mm (3.1×)
Jay Sandhu

The image quality from this camera is very poor. The skin tones when pictures are taken inside with flash are completly off. The pictures in bright sunlight are ok but soft. The camera is compact, well built and easy to use but with very limited controls. I have a Nikon 5200 and 8700 and have compared the pictures taken with them against this camera. Nikon should be ashamed to put it's logo on this camera. Had bought this camera for my son but decided to return it and now shopping for ...

sfnikon

Bought this camera for my 7yo daughter who really wanted a camera to take pictures like daddy. I'm glad I didnt read these harsh reviews first since I like the camera for what it is and glad I bought it. This is not a camera for serious photography. This is a cheap camera that works well in taking good quality images and capturing video. I was quite impressed with the resolution even compared with a dSLR. It is easy to use and my daughter loves it.

LinMom

I love Nikon. I have a D50 and N65, but wanted a point and shoot. I really wanted to love this camera. But the lag time was hard to get use to. It would lag if you used the flash, but without the flash, things would blur. Battery life was short. I actually spent $30 to return the camera. Problems: Lag time. Flash reloading. Batteries that came with camera had a short life.

kpmycoskie

I bought this little fella because I was sick of carrying around my big, heavy DSLRs when all I need is a snapshot. All in all, I am pretty happy with it - it is easy to use, has good enough picture quality, and I can ALMOST trust somebody else to use it. Problems: Once the video mode is selected, there is a bit of lag time before a video actually starts being captured. Also, the recharge time for the flash can take a few seconds.