Nikon Coolpix 950

Announced Feb 15, 1999 •
yoshihiko

shoot123

Purchased this refurbished ~2.5 years ago for $225. Has been a great camera for several things... posting photos to the web for web sites, family outings that I only want a 4x6 print or to view on the computer. Macro is fun to play with. Very fun camera to own. Now real need for more resolution most of the time. Problems: Occasionally freezes up, but all's ok if I unlock & relock battery door.

Studio950

This is a fantastic camera for the money. In 2005, yes you can buy a D200 for the same price as the Coolpix 950 was 6 years ago. The 950 has superb image clarity and color representation. The camera is easy to use and versitle. My pictures liver here on this non-commercial site: http://www.studio950.com Problems: Battery Hog.

mamode

A full range of manual functions for beginners to practise with. Problems: exposure program does not work very well in surroundings of sharp contrast.

davyvoodoo

i think it good Problems: sharpen not good

Coolpix 950 is very good I love Coolpix 950... 950 fighting...^^

Snycer

The best thing about this camera is the two-piece swiveling design. It allows me to shoot from angles I could never attempt with my SLR. Problems: None after 3000 pictures, though the mode switch is a known problem.

takes good pictures, great image quality and clarity. able to res up or down in pshp nicely, while holding composition. Problems: I'm having the same problem as Gordon. The batteries run out quickly. When on play mode, no indication shows at all. I have to keep filicking the tab.

Originally the door to the battery compartment was broken and thus re-chargable batteris ran down very quickly. The problem was fixed by Nikon at no cost (camera was still under warranty) Since then the camera has been flawless. I have fabulous success printing digital images on an Epson Stylus photo 1270 Problems: see user review above

This was my second digital camera. My first, an Olympus D-600L, I still have. I have tried to sell the Olympus, but to no avail. It still takes great pictures, so what the hay, I think I will keep it. Back to the 950. Bought this puppy in '99 just after it came out. I was instantly thrilled by the high quality photos that this digi produced. And its macro capability is awesome. I have seen some people comment that they can only get 5x7s out of this camera. You guys oughta see the 8x10s ...