Nikon Coolpix 950

Announced Feb 15, 1999 •
Ed Keys

Ive had a Coolpix 950 for 2 1/2 months. It does a fantastic job with portraits. I've had more fun with this camera, printing the images on my Epson 870 inkjet, than any camera I've ever owned. Like any other tool, if you use the camera within its abilities, it delivers amazing results. Problems: The door for the compact flash card wouldn't stay closed. A little black plastic tape (not sticky) solved the problem and isn't noticeable.

Great qulity of pictures bat poor design . Nikon should find a better way to put better batteries. The 4 batteries run out after an hour.

The latch to the Battery Door broke down on me after one year of use. It was made of plastic and in the end it opened up and broke. Problems: The latch to the Battery Door broke down on me after one year of use. It was made of plastic and in the end it opened up and broke.

The soft ware that comes with this camera would take nostradamus to figure out.I am sending the whole dam thing back.

RonSetiawan

As a SLR user, I know from the beginning that I will not be able to get pictures with quality as good as scanned slides, or negative. However, the conviniece of digital camera that I cannot resist. CP 950 offers most of what CP995 offers, with half price. Since my main purpose is just to get pictures on my web-site, I think I cannot get wrong with CP950. Fortunately, I found a clean CP950 several hours ago at Ritz Camera. It is very hard to find a clean merchandise at Ritz. First of all, I ...

The middle of last December I purchased a 950 with the ubderstanding that I could return it up to 15 days after Christmas. After 2 weeks of expermenting I was sold on it. I'm thrilled with the results and like the fact that I can take lots of back up shots. I have worked with 35 MM equipment most of my life and wasn't sure I would like digital immages, but found this format quite fasinating. I did a lot of research before I purchased and I think for the money the 950 is hard to beat. I also ...

Two months ago, I decided to get into digital photography because I would like to do documentary stuff. I have read reviews on dpreview, imaging-resource, cnet, and zdnet. My list includes Canon G1, Nikon 950, 990, 995, Ricoh RDC-7, Olumpus 2100UZ, and Olympus 700UZ. About a month later, I decided to buy the Canon G1 because of all the great reviews it has. I ruled out the other digital cameras that do not use CompactFlash because I want to be able to exchange the CF card with my Pocket ...

Compact Flash Cover wont close. Excellent pictures and features. 8 MB memory pathetic. LCD display not bright enough in sunlight. Problems: Compact flash memory cover poorly engineered. Need to use sticky tape to keep it closed.

JUDGECAL

It's very hard to take a bad picture in auto mode. I, being a neophyte as far as photography goes am pleased that it has plenty of room to grow with me and learning photography. Forget trying to take spontainious pix. I consistantly miss 2/3 of my intended shots because of the time it takes from shutter press till it actually takes the picture. :( A real drag. Problems: - Burnt pixels on the CCD - Battery lid pegs broke off within 2 weeks and now use rubber band to keep it closed.

On first seeing the camera, in my opinion the shape looked rather alien. Once I read the manuals and learnt where everything was and what it does I was alright using it. The camera will last up to a week on 1600 milliamp batteries (a spare set are essential). One thing I did not like was the small capacity of the supplied CompactFlash card. Once a larger card has been purchased this is not much of a problem. Also the 'plasticky' nature of the door to the CompactFlash compartment was another ...