Nikon Coolpix 950

Announced Feb 15, 1999 •

Had the camera for 21 months. Satisfied in every way. Just purchased a Coolpix 995 and hope that I will be as satisfied with it as I have been with the Coolpix 950. Problems: Battery compartment door would come open accidently. Bent the catch just slightly to correct the problem. Not a serious problem.

I had this camera for over 3 years. nice color and picture under full sun. However, the weakness are: 1. flash are weak against the sun or in the dark. 2. flash can not be used when wide angel lense attached. 3. battery cover broken whithin a month. 4. Deadly problem is the auto focusing system malfunctioned often in the spot light setting. Problems: 5. Not a good camera for stage use. 6. battery drain fast. 7. ISO only can set at 100.

Sam

I've had this camera for over two years now...and I must say, I am still impressed as the day I bought it. To the camera by which all others are compared, it is still tops in my book. As an amateur photographer, it does what I need it for and then some. For my wife, who is a point and shoot type, it does everything she needs as well. This camera is great for beginners and professionals alike...and I'm sure its successors (from Nikon) are that much better, but not worth upgrading to yet. Some

It's been a year since I bought this camera and it is still going strong. Especially love the ability to use AA batteries. With Eveready NiMH rechargeables, I can take pictures all day (without flash, tho) on vacation without changing the batteries. Problems: The preview mode got in trouble three months ago. Pictures just won't show up and it tries to "reboot" itself.

It's pretty nice camera for me!!! Problems: Nothing

I have had this camera for 7 months. It has worked flawlessly, but I have noticed that the rubber on the hand grip is starting to peel off. Over the last 4 months I have bought some additional accessories for the camera like a 128 mb card and a 2x teleconverter. I bought the teleconverter to improve zoom at football (aussie rules) and other sports I watch. Problems: Apart from my problem with the hand grip and the usual problems with CF door and tripod mount location. Apart from these little ...

excellent camera, for those who are going to buy it, go for it... shame on nikon5000

Had my Coolpix 800 stolen, replaced it with a 950 at the same price [since it has been discontinued, I was able to pick it up for $499.] ... I have been very impressed with the performance and quality. My only complaints are w/re the lack of lens cap security strap, the lenghty delay [due to focus processing] when taking a shot, and the lack of a decent -- meaning concise and clearly articulated -- owners manual. The review on this site by Phil Askey is more helpful than anything that came ...

BA

I have had this camera for a good while and I must say it has done a great job. I am still amazed at the image quality of this camera comparitively on this digital camera roller coaster ride we are in. The macro capability of this camera is nothing short of awesome. It has it's problems which I will note below but it is still standing (quality/image wise) in today's onslaught of new digital cameras. Overall this is a really good digital camera. Problems: The biggest problem of this camera ...