Nikon Coolpix 950

Announced Feb 15, 1999 •
yoshihiko

This was the first digital camera that I owned and I like it. I still use it on occasion. The colors that this camera produces is quite nice and there is no need to alter many of the shots that I have taken with it. I've had this camera since 2000 and the only reason that I replaced it was because it got sand in the swivel from taking it to Iraq. Otherwise a great camera!

shoot123

Purchased this refurbished ~2.5 years ago for $225. Has been a great camera for several things... posting photos to the web for web sites, family outings that I only want a 4x6 print or to view on the computer. Macro is fun to play with. Very fun camera to own. Now real need for more resolution most of the time. Problems: Occasionally freezes up, but all's ok if I unlock & relock battery door.

Studio950

This is a fantastic camera for the money. In 2005, yes you can buy a D200 for the same price as the Coolpix 950 was 6 years ago. The 950 has superb image clarity and color representation. The camera is easy to use and versitle. My pictures liver here on this non-commercial site: http://www.studio950.com Problems: Battery Hog.

k.hakanson

I have had my Coolpix950 over two years and have had good results, nicely exposed photos with good resolution, plus the excellant close-up focussing is a big feature with me. The constuction of the body appeared quite strong, alloy housing and generally well made. Pleased that photoshop5.0 LE supplied, an excellant program. Problems: The battery door has lost the latches(plastic) twice now, causing the batteries to tumble out and stop the camera functions, very annoying and surprising when ...

mamode

A full range of manual functions for beginners to practise with. Problems: exposure program does not work very well in surroundings of sharp contrast.

davyvoodoo

i think it good Problems: sharpen not good

Coolpix 950 is very good I love Coolpix 950... 950 fighting...^^

Snycer

The best thing about this camera is the two-piece swiveling design. It allows me to shoot from angles I could never attempt with my SLR. Problems: None after 3000 pictures, though the mode switch is a known problem.

takes good pictures, great image quality and clarity. able to res up or down in pshp nicely, while holding composition. Problems: I'm having the same problem as Gordon. The batteries run out quickly. When on play mode, no indication shows at all. I have to keep filicking the tab.