Nikon Coolpix 885

Announced Aug 23, 2001 •
lucascoffin3

this is the best camera that has ever been made by any company that creates cameras the picture quality is fabulus the size is perfect the menus are easy to navigate the features are everything you could want in a camera so I think the value for your money is great so I would recomend this camera to everyone

Jeff Andres, i think you don't know how it works, becauese you can turn the lcd off etc. You'r a anti Nikon i think Problems: non

great pics easy use in auto everybody can tak a picture Problems: a lot of system error s

Anargy

I did allways stick by Sony, but had a P5 oh what a bad pictures, and now ik have a 885 and what a thrill its great, sharp razing pictures. Problems: reddish, but gone whit setting the whitebalance to +2

RUSMI

WONDERFUL CAMERA! It's cheap and perfect as first camera. Price is a great value, I suggest buy it immediately.

What a steal! The prices are dropping and the problems are working themselves out. The camera now comes bundled with a battery and charger (what it ever came without I'll never know). I haven't been able to reproduce any red image issues. I have tried everything from shooting red in the sky to high contarst situations in the house still no red problems. I got the whole kit for under 420 with tax and shipping. I am totally thrilled with the camera the ease of use the flexibility and ...

Nikon Coolpix 885 given Editors' Choice Award by PC Magazine. Read about it here: http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,s=1563&a=17544,00.asp

Jim Hall

I had a green pixel when I open the box. Nikon fixed it and I've had nothing but great fun since. The saturated red problem seems to be reduced since I got the camera back. The firmware version is 1.1 and that may mean they did something to reduce the problem, but I am not sure what version I had before I sent it to them to fix the pixel. You MUST get the Li-ion battery and charger and and an extra battery. Easy to use in Auto, plus plenty of adjustment capability for those wanting to ...

This camera has some definite advantages: physical size makes it easy to carry in a pocket or purse, ease of operation, user friendly, light weight, good battery interface, excellent color rendition. Problems: For those who wish to use it for special settings, the menu is very extensive.

It's an excellent camera but AF make too much noise.