Nikon Coolpix 885

Announced Aug 23, 2001 •
nbrooks

I bought my camera, second hand from Amazon's Market place for $195 and I can tell you that I have had nothing but joy! I really find the Nikon Coolpix 885 the best value for money. In spite of the camera being discontinued, it is the best investment I ever made, and it is so easy to use. The camera I have has taken over 6000 pics and still going strong. Problems: No problems encountered at all.

rustedborg

I purchased this camera quite a while ago but never got around to posting my review of it until now. Like all consumer digital cameras, the CP885 has its good and bad points. That said, I have been VERY happy with it. I'm so happy with the CP885 in fact, that I use it as my main "go to" camera for just about everything ... including a little studio work from time to time. That's right, I use external flashes with digital slave triggers when I need to do something with a real flash. The main ...

Bought camera based on sharp photos and have not been disappointed. Outstanding prints up to at least 8"x10". Automatic mode works well most of the time with Scene mode able to accommodate all but 1 or 2 (out of nearly 1000!) photos attempted. Would have gotten a "5" for value except for problems (below). Have owned for about 14 months now. Problems: Observed "reds" problem, but could correct easily in software. Biggest problem has been "hot pixels". Began noticing a few at long ...

Doug Bingham

Ok ... I have used the 885 for a couple of months now and feel more confident in my ability to review it. My opinion? One excellent camera for the price range! Everyone has complained about the richness of the reds, however, by adding an extension tube and a "haze" or "Daylight" filter, the reds calm down tremendously. The flash on this unit is superior to most in its price range adn the ease of use is superb. Considering the number of these cameras that have been sold vs. the number of ...

I bought this camera for just under £200 and paid £35 for the extra li-ion battery and 64mb compact flash. The sales person even gave me a lithium battery to use the camera staight away. The red issue mentioned by other owners is there but the overall picture quality is great. I looked at the Ricoh rr30, because of the speed and price of that camera. The Nikon is just as fast 'even in low light', and the handling is better. It feel right in your hand. The functions are nice for beginners. I ...

Boba Fett

Easy to use in everyday life. Very good pictures in printout. Amazing price for a very good Nikon.

*Michele*

I bought the 885 5 weeks ago and I’m very satisfied! Good camera, very very easy to handle!!! Strong battery and fastest to recharge. Problems: Photos are too reds in indoor shots: anyway this problem can be to overcome easily with the software included with the camera. Congratulations on your nice website and tanks for all opinions that you have expressed. *** I’m sorry for bad English!!! ***

Johan Janson

I bought my 885 for $450 including 129 mb CF-card from a friend. After all great reviews that I have red here. It was as good as I have thought, but the "red and cyan problem" is bathering me alot. Thats the real big problem whit this camera, so why didn't Nikon fix that before the started sell it? If I had pay full price, which in sweden is nearly 1000 dollars, I would have been a disappointed. Problems: read abow