Nikon Coolpix 800

Announced Sep 27, 1999 •

Have had the camera for one year - had no problem whatsoever. Great speed, great battery life, great photo quality. I like the fact that the lens does not need to come out when the camera is switched on. The only thing I miss is manual adjustment of speed/aperture, and a focus light in low light situations. Would definitely buy again. Problems: None

After a couple thousand photos, my experience with the 800 has been good. I've been using it in a community newspaper where it is not unusual to take 100 pictures a week. It is nice to be able to switch modes and get high speed pictures at sports events, something that I can't do with my Kodak DC210. I appreciate ability to mount the camera on my computer desktop and simply copy the photos onto my hard drive. Power requirements are a lot lower than other digital camera's I've used. It's nice ...

This camera is an excellent choice regarding picture quality. I have used it about 2 weeks, and very satisfied. It's fast and with good colors in every picture taken in daylight. Problems: The blitz-light is a bit difficult to get right. I think it's get better with some experience.

Have had this camera for 30 days now including my family vacation. Output to a my HP Photosmart 1000 and it has fooled all who compare to 35mm. None are real experts though. Enjoy the manual functions & the instant gratification of inkjet output. I don't care for the software. Paid $450.

My first digital camera was the CoolPix 700. I upgraded to the CP800 this week. Camera seems a bit faster than the 700. I like the fact that it accepts the same lenses as the 950, but I'm not quite satisfied with the zoom range. Image quality is as good as the 700. Problems: I had problems with the 700's LCD. Screen went completely white. No problems with the 800 yet.

For the price paid, $600.00 this camera has exceeded my expectations for a digital camera. Problems: No prolbems so far, but I've only owned the camera for about 3 weeks