Nikon Coolpix 800

Announced Sep 27, 1999 •
Bob Leifer

Extremely pleased with this camera for more than 3 years, then the problems below started. The camera still takes great photos, though. Just bought a Fuji Finepix 3800; after a week of using it, my conclusion is the old Nikon coolpix 800 takes sharper photos. I returned the Fuji and bought a Canon A70, which I am happy with so far and will review it in the Canon area Problems: After 3 years of being extremely happy with this camera's usability, and in my opinion excellent photos, it started ...

Todd Art

I've had this camera for a few years and it's been great. Very reliable with good color. I bought a Kodak 4800 for my wife (3.1 megapixel) and I prefer the photos taken with my 800 to the Kodak's. The metering and white balance options are great.

I have this camera for more than 9 months. It was a bargain deal, I didn't really need it. I have in the same time: Casio-3000, Fuji DX-10 (never in focus, cheap camera), Canon Pro90 and Olympus C-4040 and Sanyo SX-550. I keep only the Nikon and the Sanyo. Nikon 800 have the best image overall, very good manual option (manual focus, and, yes the ability to set both the timer and the distance), excellent detail for A4 prints (I have also an Epson 870 with CFS). Color accuracy is excellent, ...

For the money I paid(EBay) for a NEW camera, and its generation the Coolpix 800 is great, especially for outdoors and still pictures. Great macro pics, good color saturation and easy to work with. Manual is rather simple to learn. Problems: When it comes to take pictures at night, however, the results are simply poor. The flash is too small or weak to cover certain areas. Did not take pictures in action though.

Problems: MACINTOSH COMPATIBILITY USB CARD READER and NO OS X COMPATIBILITY

I bought one used although it was like brand new. For a first digital camera, I think it's fine and the quality of the pictures are very good. It's not too hard to learn how to use and has plenty of features for a first time digital photographer.

i love this camera when it works... frustrating focus moments... other than that pretty good. Problems: eats tons of batteries...

Picture quality was excellent for for a 2 MP. Shutter slow to react, but managed to get timing down. First Nikon purchase after 20 years of Canon. Problems: 15 months after purchase began getting an err message on screen while lens continually tried to focus. Found out reapir would cost more than replacement. Will never purchase another Nikon product.

Problems: NECESITO EL MANUALEN ESPAÑOL DE LA CAMARA NIKON COOLPIX 800 SI FUERA POSIBLE GRACIAS