Nikon Coolpix 7600

Announced Feb 16, 2005 •

I've had this camera from new and it has been a very reliable compact. I still use it quite often when I don't want to lug heavy gear around. It fits easily into a small pocket. The LCD screen on the back is small by today's standards but it does have an optical viewfinder. It also takes AA batteries which are very easy to get hold of.

FZ18

My kid and I dropped the camera many times to the ground. I thought it died but it survived every time. Amazing construction! Very easy to use, no need to read manual. The features/IQ were good in 2005 but not anymore in 2008. Problems: Slow Much slower than my new FZ18 but much faster than my old HP Powersmart 433.

rick

good IMAGE. This camera is unique. It has a learning curve because in low light and everywhere else you must hold this still. I have compared this image with practially all small cameras and this beats allot if you like pain and align it up as still as possible This is for someone who wants top quality in small package. I love this little camera even though allot of low light shots are out of focus and slightly off color with their blue. I like the custom white balance. The images in good ...

H Boyle

I've had this camera for 2 months, and find it to be an excellent point&shoot. (I was moving on from a Fuji A210.) After several weeks on this site and others, I chose it over a Panasonic Lumix LZ3 based mostly on the viewfinder that the Nikon has and the Panasonic lacks. The 7600 is not too small to operate, but easily pocketable. There is some shutter lag, but really only in low light situations. There is not enough lag for me to have tried out the multi-shot mode yet. It seems to me to ...

mirekirek

7600 is a very small camera. The design is similar to other cameras like the ones made by Canon. It's a great camera for beginners like I am. There is a significant delay after you press 'the button' to take a picture, but let's not complain; it has 2xAA batteries that last for quite a while. Problems: None.

ridho fa

well.. i things it very good. my 1st digcam, in my holy day idul fitri 1426 H this year 2005. my problem is....why this camera can't take the move picture. the pict is always BLUR.. can u give de solution?? rj_nius@yahoo.co.id Problems: i have a problem with this camera.. why this camera can't take the move picture. the pict is always blur.. :( please, give me a solution??? rj_nius@yahoo.co.id

KLY1

Just spent my first day shooting with my new camera and have come up with some wonderful pictures! I'm not technical enough to say much other than I am happy with the clarity and quality of the pictures I've been getting!

Ad Karman

This camera is a surprise. I compared this camera with the Fuji F10 expecting the Fuji superior to the Nikon. On the contrary, the 7600 produces well balanced pictures in terms of contrast and color. Though the F10 produces less noise, contrast and purplefringing of the F10 are too high.

Initialy purchased the 5900 and exchanged the same day for another one because the picture noise was really unacceptable for a Nikon in this class. I thought that was really something wrong with that camera but the second 5900 was same. I returned the 5900 completely and avoided to go for the 7900 since I was afraid that the same "noise" thing might happen again even though the 7900 seems to produce less image noise. I saw by luck the 1st 7600 on display in my area and I thought to give it a ...