Nikon Coolpix 700

Announced Feb 15, 1999 •
schaki

Big viewFinder compared to many newer compacts. Nice fixed 35mm lens. Fast AF. AF also finds and locks in not so good light. Mostly good looking Black & white out of cam with Iso 1 and film-like noise as with the Ricoh GRD 1. Many buttons for; focus, flash, EV and quality etc. Problems: Tif takes too long (rughly 30 sec) to write, and no visible difference compared to jpeg fine. Not even with enlarging. Some weird vertical banding at Iso 2 which tend to mostly ruin the IQ. No button for; ...

PHIL

I bought this camera second-hand from Jessop's for £269.00 and going by the dpreview thought I really must have this camera!!Initially I was pleased with with the results but after some use find the picture quality is not up to what I expected.All scenery shots whether taken on autofocus or infinity mode always seem very soft,and certainly not like the ones posted on various review sites!macro and portrait shots seem ok and otherwise the camera feels good to hold and battery life is ...

after 3 other cams(all 2Mp) this one was for me the best camera for the best price. Image quality is perfect;only to much color-fringing;the metering is almost perfect in every situation (even in the auto-setting)-up to now it's the best little camera i've had !! Problems: once a defective lcd-Nikon repaired in only 4 days and even upgraded my bios.

Freddie Feest

I use this as a pocketable back-up for my Coolpix 990 and Canon G2 and never have any qualms about relying on the 700. So easy to carry and use but returns remarkably good images which I regularly have published. Problems: None

Excellent Camera. I've had my camera for 1 1/2 years and it's worked flawlessly. Great easy to use features, (however it would be better with a zoom lens!) Problems: The only small irritation is that you are restricted to a maximum Compact Flash Card size of 64Mb. An external compact flash card card reader is also a must buy as it only has a seriel interface.

I bought this re-furbished from thenikonmall.com for $300. I've had this for a year now and it is a very reliable camera. Even though it is an older model, it still compares well with newer models on the market. I've been extremely satisfied with this camera. Problems: sometimes the screen freezes and will not respond to commands, but I knew by reading this review before I ordered this that I could just push the button on the battery door to reset it.

I bought the 2 weeks ago for $400 and I'm very pleased whith it. The pictures very good. Problems: None

My first digital camera, I find the picture quality superb even on the fine setting. Very easy to use. The features for the money are out of this world. Anyone want want to buy a 35mm Minolta Problems: NONE yet!!

I picked this camera up just before christmas. I am very pleased with the images that it takes. The only problem I have with the camera is that it hasn't worked properly since i bought it. It froze up in auto timer mode on me twice. Now that may have been a battery thing because i was running regular AA's. I don't know for sure. After about a week of shooting pics with it the LCD messed up on me. I had to turn it off then on off then on off then on and finally it came on and worked. That ...

Chad S.