Nikon Coolpix 2500

Announced Feb 21, 2002 •
mcashen

Overall this a good camera for starting out in digital photography. The features are good, its easy to use, and most of the (outdoor) pictures are acceptable. It's not too large, although by current standards, it is now bulky. The camera is well made and pretty solid, as you would expect from Nikon. The rotating lense is a useful feature. The battery lasts reasonably well. Transfer to PC is quick and easy. I had this camera for about a year before i realised i wanted something significantly ...

Bertrand Li

its my first digital camera and im very satisfied with the performance of the E2500! i love the scene modes included, the inner-swivel is really handy, good auto-focus, many features and manual settings for a 2MP cam... Great digital camera to work with for a beginner or amateur photographer!!! Excellent pictures and incredible crystal clear macro shots, just see for yourself... here's my gallery: http://gorefiend.deviantart.com/gallery/ Problems: the red-eye reduction is not really effective ...

peter pan

I brought it 2 months ago at a 2nd hand price of HK$1200. I work in building construction site and have to took a lot of photo for record. Most of the photo have to be taken in door and hence are taken with the built-in flash. So, white spot induced by dust is a serious problem. Before I have a Coolpix 700 which have fixed lens. The problem is much less serious than this Coolpix 2500.

This is amateur camera. Size and feature are suitable for daily usage. I boutgh it almost 2 years ago and I'm happy. I implement RAW function using software on http://e2500.narod.ru/raw_format_e.htm it works... you have to convert raw to NEF in order process RAW image in NIKON view. Problems: red eye (flash to close to the lens... but for macro it is very useful) low quality for movie no sound (but it is better then olympus)

alvinlwh

Got this as I wanted a smaller camera then my ex-A40. It wasn't too bad. But it is a little light on user settings. I would have perfer if I can set the ISO and shutter speed. White balance is best left on auto if using flash, unlike Canon, WYSIWYG, with or without flash. Problems: Slight problem when taking night shot, can't see anything on the screen due to lack of lighting, and don't have a view finder. Also the flash caused alot of red eye problems. Write speed is very slow compared to ...

Paul Russell

I've had this camera for about 3 months, and am pretty pleased with it. Although I've been using SLR film cameras for hundreds of years, this is my first digital. Once you get used to losing the creative control that you have with an SLR (this Nikon gives you no easy control over depth of field, for example), it's hard to fault this camera as a "snapper". The macro is an addictive feature. If you want to see some sample images (including some macro shots), see my pages: http://www.paulrussell ...

A. Venema

Dust particles showing up in indoor (flash) images? I'm sorry, I must have made thousands of pictures with my 2500, but I never, ever seen a dust-particle show up in the image. Maybe you should clean your room a little better LOL, well I don't know... It's a great cam for the money I spent ($220), love the ease of use and "portability". Problems: The slider on top is a design-fault. Should have been a more solid button-type of thing

MaCS

It was a very good decision to buy my CollPix 2500. I use my 2500 as a second camera, especially for motorcycle tours, when I can keep in in my pocket. I am very happy with this little device: it is very easy to use and its photos are really good. Problems: A soft case would be useful to protect the LCD from getting scratched. It has a tendency for red-eyed pics. A wider wide angle would be great.

good quality images but not not for high speed photos Problems: lacks sports mode

GerardL

After a long search, I decided to buy the coolpix 2500. It takes good pictures outside in sunlight. It is easy to use and quite safe to carry around. Problems: The biggest problem I encountered is that there are dust reflection spots on photos taken indoor with use of the flash. The flash being too close to the lens creates the problem. I wish Nikon would find a solution for this in providing a filter for the flash.