Nikon Coolpix 2100

Announced Feb 18, 2003 •
teetoncey

Excellent features, lenses, quality, support (including online). Does everything you might want, including close-ups, 8x10" prints (no, it's not Elliott Porter, but it's quite good), good battery life. No, it's NOT obsolete, and can be picked up at great price at ebay, etc. (3100 is as good, with a few more pixels.) Even good battery life. Problems: Just be REAL careful not to drop it. Use the strap all the time.

Metamagico

Feels like an instamatic. A little too big to tuck into your pocket, too small for serious work - there are better cameras for both categories. Color saturation is best feature. Lens is very slow (f-stop) which makes it useless in dim light. Best used outdoors or with flash. Cost is comparatively high for the feature set, probably because of the name. Problems: No problems. Most adjustments done by on-screen menu, hence, not used routinely.

PeachSan

This is the first digital camera I got, it's been one year since I bought it and I think this camera is pretty good. I carry this camera with me all the time, up untill now, I took about 9,000 pictures already. For family use, I don't think it is necessary to go more than 2 MP, this camera provides crisp pictures. Just make sure to use good photo paper and printer when printing, it should come out excellent. My favorite mode to use was the "flower-mode", it takes great pictures on things ...

D Stanford

I purchased this when it was first released. Since then I have taken over 8000 pictures. Each picture, after editing, takes between 900kb and 1.3mb depending upon coulour saturation. The results are superb. Like most digital cameras, it works extremely well in daylight, but you do take a chance indoors, or in poor light, but again, the results can be wonderful. Would I recommend this, well, if you can still buy it, yes. The big plus is the cameras ability to use only 2 AA bateries, I always ...

Very Nice! A lot of camera for the money. Very easy to use and takes great pictures. It's my cute little picture taking friend. My first Nikon ever and now they are at the top of my list with Canon for quality, value, and INTEGRITY. Problems: Battery door works fine but it makes me nervous, seems like it could break if I'm not careful.

rower46

This is a super value at its price point, now that most vendors mark it down due to the introduction of newer models. The pictures are excellent in most cases. I have even made 8X10 prints that blow people away. Problems: Low light focusing is a bit of a problem. But, I have found that, even if the AF light is blinking, if the LCD looks good the shot may work out anyway.

m4dj

Hi ! I also bought this camera last year. I look for some camera with 2 mega pixels , so i choose this one. For me is good that is so small,compact and low weight so i can take it enywhere with me... also on some parties. Since that time i took more than 3000 photos with it. I am satisfied with the choice. Very easy to use with cool options. I like very much the program »sport spectator«. Whit this one i can take a photos while the object are moving or while I am traveling in car.....This ...

sat61851

I bought nikon2100 last year, compare to the 3100, that more expensive, I choosed 2100. The camara is very easy to use and the picture is very good, however, it must take a little time when first turn on or even in the standby mode. Taking a good clear picture you have to hand still for a while after shooting. it is good to use AA size bettery, that you can easily find, and the rechargable battery is more cheaper than the special battery from the company.

Costasm

Best of the Best from a traditional camera vendor. It only needs a higher CCD which you can find in 3100 or 4200. Well done NIKON Problems: NOPE and again NOPE

mischac

I have this camera for almost 2 months now and I must say that I am very pleased with it. It is just so easy to snap some great shots. The user interface is very intuitive and the button is also very natural. For all the point and shoot pictures it is really just a matter of point and shoot and most of the pictures are OK. Some of the pictures that require very fast focusing (like people running towards you) are a little bit blurry but that is not too strange. If you want to be more creative ...