Nikon Coolpix 2000

Announced May 29, 2002 •

This is the most 'entry level' camera in the Nikon range, yet it would be an 'intermediate' camera in other manufacturers' ranges, since it features a 3x optical zoom and auto focus. Before buying it, I was a little worried about the lack of an optical viewfinder, but, after having used the coolpix 2000 for 2 weeks, I am not missing an optical viewfinder at all. Battery life seems good so far, despite the LCD is always on. Battery cover could be easier to open, but it's not a big problem. Abo ...

youu

Great image quality. Great price. Problems: Weak flash

Ian Pancuha

outdoor pics are excellent, I made about 300 pics in a row and the camera did not got hot. The dpreview test made by myself were quite imressive: above 316 pics and about 3,5 hours standby with HAMA 1850mAh NiMH battpack. Problems:

My first digital camera. Easy to use, very practical and user friendly. I don't find the absence of an optic viewer a problem. The flash is too weak, most of the indoor pictures are dark. I took more or less 3000 pictures in 6 months and I think that it is the ideal camera to picture daily life, but if you need some more, the absence of manual settings doesn't let to go further. You can find many samples here: http://spazioweb.inwind.it/delft

saycheese

I bought this camera for my girlfriend for christmas, I was toying between the olympus c220 but I got this one as is slips easily into a pocket. The picture quality is what you would expect from a Nikon, 2MP is great for snapshots. This is a great first digital or a compliment to a more powerful camera. Well worth a good look. Problems: The flash is a little weak, not much use over say six feet away, but other than that fine.

My first Digital camera. Bad finished but very lighweight. Excelent photo Quality for the price. Good lens. Problems: Battery life is short. Dont come with rechargeable batteries

RiaM

This is my very first digital camera. I didn't plan to buy Nikon at first but after take a look at it i just fell in love with it. Without reading the manual, you can use the camera right away =) Picture quality... mmmhh...a bit of dark for indoor picture but for outdoor picture are excellent. Problems: Without optical viewfinder it was hard to view in outdoor. I had a little problems after i installed the Nikon View 5 and i wanted to transfer the pics. After trying several times, it worked ...

Monte Shuck

After 35 years of 35 mm camera use, this is my first digital camera. I found the experience a very positive one. The only feature missing from a traditional film camera is more flexibility in focus (beyond auto, macro and infinity). I think the camera is easy to use and a very good value. It does tend to eat batteries, but I'm told this is the nature of digital cameras in general (I now use 2x and 3x rechargables). Problems: None.

Bob Freeman

I don't own a CP2000 so can't give ratings but my son in CT just got one. I've got a CP950 and a CP4500 and expect to give him some advice where there are common features. Bob Freeman, Tallahassee, FL

Great outdoor picture quality, 5 preset modes are okay, incredible macro, grainy effect when using digital zoom, somewhat weak flash. Problems: so far so good, my camera came with updated firmware (ver. 1.4), which was good to me..